Mean Green Report

Harry

ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif

ph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gif

Are the inmates running the asylum with all this branding business? Funny how they are all gone in 10 years and we get stuck with all this blankety blank branding legacy. Screw it!

Of course, we'll also be stuck with the Mean Green Athletic Village, too. Unscrew it! rolleyes.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Now I know it's not the 'NT' and that's what many, including myself, wanted, but it could be worse. I thought they were going to put 'UNT' on everything.

I thought they were going to put 'UNT' on everything.

"They" aint running the show!

By the way, if you go by and see the new turf, let the guys out there know you appreciate their work. It's truly a tedious job at hand now and the new black and white letters in the endzones look damn nice. I didn't realize it but the field starts out as a solid green field(after they connect all the sections together). Then for every white spot you will see a section of green must be cut out and replaced with the white or black mark to be glued in. This is true for EVERYTHING including each hash mark. There's hundreds of hashmarks let alone all the lines and sidelines and all. I now understand why it takes so long to install. I spoke to one of the workers and he was dripping wet with sweat. He said they were not used to this type of weather because they are from Denver. I placed my hand down into the blades of fake grass and I bet it was 140 degrees at 12:30 today. The workers are using pheumatic shears to cut out the sections of green and then replace it with the appropriate color. I believe they are also working at night under the lights. If the rain lays off they will be done pretty soon.

They definately lowered the crown a bit out of the playing surface, but that's not going to help the sightlines much.

Also, out of curiosity I measured the exact distance from the front row 50 yard line bench to sideline. Comes out to be 94 1/2 feet. Nearly 1/3 the length of a football field. Add that plus the 165 feet for the width of the field and you have 354 feet between the two front row seats. Just 3 feet on each side from being able to fit a full Football field in between.

Rick

Also, out of curiosity I measured the exact distance from the front row 50 yard line bench to sideline.  Comes out to be 94 1/2 feet.  Nearly 1/3 the length of a football field.  Add that plus the 165 feet for the width of the field and you have 354 feet between the two front row seats.  Just 3 feet on each side from being able to fit a full Football field in between. 

Rick

In other words, a 50yd line seat at Fouts is equal to an end zone seat anywhere else blink.gif

Edited by Baby Arm!

We've got practice report updates, notes, pictures etc coming up tonight.  Be patient young Skywalker - some of the afternoon yesterday was spent digging up the info that was in last nights report...

Harry,

When do you think we will know if the 3 players on the bubble have qualified or not. Is this along the lines of the next couple of days.

BTW: Is it possible that DD & Co already know and just haven't said anything yet.

We've got practice report updates, notes, pictures etc coming up tonight.  Be patient young Skywalker - some of the afternoon yesterday was spent digging up the info that was in last nights report...

I've got it bad Harry. I need a fix.

For those of you who don't subscribe you need to. this is my first season to have a subscription and it has far exceeded my expectations. (If i were willing to pay a little more could you give me some encouraging news at QB? :-))

I'm anxious to see how the reports play out relative to the season, meaning if some of the editorials prove true or false?

Harry, have you considered a secure area of the board where only MGR subscribers could discuss items in the MGR?

One question regarding the RB from Pflugerville: Does he look like he could add 20-25lbs to his frame by the time he is a junior?

Thanks for the good work. Keep it coming. I'm loving it.