Injury Bug a concern for ALL teams

mdmeangreen

Folks, though a diehard Mean Green fan I also follow the Terps and the Bulldogs (I work right down from the UMD campus & grew up going to GA every summer!) and they're having MUCH worse injury problems than the Mean Green are! MD ost they're top lineman, Stephen Heyer, who happens to be the LT is charge of protecting the QB- oh, by the way, the Terps have an untested QB too, so we aren't the only ones!!! Georgia's injuries are so bad they've only @ 11 projected starters I believe, only 2 LBs right now due to the injury bug.

Let's all hope and pray we make it out of fall practices with no serious injuries, like to either JMo, Cobbs, Monroe, Quinn, Lineberry, etc...

The biggest problem we have is that we are trying to teach young players how to play the North Texas brand of physical football. At the same time, we're trying to find out who can play at this level and that does not leave you much room to "take it easy" at practice. We can't protect players during 2-a-days using the rationale that we already know what they can do. It's a tough decision DD has to make.

Edited by GMoney