Interesting Picks On First Weeks Games

Eagle-96

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/feature_picks.html

The official Odds are in parenthesis next to the favored team. The Congrove Computer Rankings' spread is shown outside the parenthesis.

LSU (-32) 24 over North Texas - The one-two RB punch of Jamario Thomas and Patrick Cobbs should allow UNT to kill some clock and score a few points, making it tough for the Tigers pull off a rout of this magnitude. LSU was dealt a severe blow when RB Alley Broussard was lost for the season with a knee injury in the first scrimmage of fall practice. Broussard ran for 867 yards and 10 TDs in 2004, including a team single-game record 250 yards against Mississippi.

SMU 11 over Baylor (-5) - The computer is 39-7 SU on Baylor games and 36-10 on SMU games over the past four seasons. It was 7-3 ATS on Baylor games last year. The computer forecasts Baylor to go 2-9 and SMU to be much-improved at 8-3.

If my computer simulation predicted SMU to be 8-3, I would double check the software.

Seriously, if SMU drastically improves this year, that will only add fuel to our 2006 game with them.

Don't forget SMU changed conferences this year. They are now in District 9-5A and have non-conference games against Pilot Point, Celina, and Denton Ryan. tongue.gif

They would probably go 0-3 in those games.

They would defintly get beat by Celina and Denton Ryan, Pilot Point would go down to the wire and would probably depend on whos got the home field advantage. Oh nevermind cuz even if they were playing in Dallas PP would have twice as many fans. Edge Pilot Point

Edited by GreenN'walinsVet

computer forecasts Baylor to go 2-9 and SMU to be much-improved at 8-3.

If my computer simulation predicted SMU to be 8-3, I would double check the software.

Seriously, if SMU drastically improves this year, that will only add fuel to our 2006 game with them.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see them turn it around after finally agreeing to play us all this time. They will probably end up top 25 this season or pre season for next year?

Rick