Predictions for LSU

Eagle-96

UNT will finish in the top 25 for sure after beating 8-3 SMU in NO bowl

LSU will take a fall out of the top 25 this year...once they are exposed.

UNT 27

LSU 27

Hey a fella can dream...

Realistic

LSU 34

UNT 9

This will not be as bad as last years $ game. Count the speaad as covered here.

I'll go back just 10 years. You were impressed with our effort in the following games?:

Kansas State 55

NT 10

ASU 53 (their only win of the year)

NT 28

Boise St 59

NT 0

LSU 52

NT 0

Nevada 65

NT 10

Arizona State 52

NT 7

Texas A&M 55

NT 0

Actually I said games I witnessed if you want to be technical. I did not count Ark State as a big boy or for that matter Nevada or Boise State at the time. I actually did not see any of the others you sighted. I guess your next question is what have you seen. all the Oklahoma and Texas games. three A&M games, First LSU game,etc. IF you saw all the others games I will take your word for NT's effort. And yes I have seen NT get blown out and still did not question the effort, against Nebraska for example.

Actually I said games I witnessed if you want to be technical.  I did not count Ark State as a big boy or for that matter Nevada or Boise State at the time.  I actually did not see any of the others you sighted.  I guess your next question is what have you seen.  all the Oklahoma and Texas games. three A&M games, First LSU game,etc.  IF you saw all the others games I will take your word for NT's effort.  And yes I have seen NT get blown out and still did not question the effort, against Nebraska for example.

GG, I am not saying that there was no effort there in the games. I have not seen them all. I am saying that the results are embarrasing against the big boys. The scores against Boise, Nevada and ASU are embarrasing and pathetic because they aren't big boys. ASU isn't even a small blind old man(apologies to any small blind old men. But come to think of it, a small blind old man couldn't read this post anyway). But I digress. I think there was effort there against UT last year. I just think the boys were shell-shocked with the loss of Drew. I think there will be an effort by every player that steps on the field on September 3. I just don't think it will be enough against a championship calibre squad in LSU.

Disagree RE: last year's UT game. It was embarrassing. That loss so traumatized me that I won't go to LSU (unless I win the raffle, of course). I just don't want to see our guys lay down again, and it sure looked like that's what happened last year at UT.

Having said that, my score prediction was for a highly competitive game at LSU; I pray to God it is respectable for any number of reasons, which have been discussed on this board. This program must have a decent OOC showing this year to keep building momentum.

I have always been intrigued by the injury issue when playing "the big boys". We always perceive a higher level of injury risk in those games, yet logically our guys came from the same high schools and played on the same teams as the other guys. The "big school" players are not raised in isolation, fed special diets, and bred to be super-humans. DD's recruiting has been in high gear the last two or three years and our men are physically a match for "theirs". They may go deeper on the roster but I would proudly state that, IMHO, we can put guys on the field without fear of them being physically abused.

FAU has a great coach... You can't say that about MTSU.

Howard Schellenberger's Stats

Years As Collegiate Coach: 20

Collegiate Record: 126-98-3 (.562)

At Miami: 41-16 (.719)

At Louisville: 54-56-2 (.491)

At Oklahoma: 5-5-1 (.500)

At Florida Atlantic: 26-21 (.553)

I just don't get it. Personally, I think Schellenberger built a reputation at Miami and hasn't done much since. He's a good name and a good marketer of his program, but is he really considered a great coach? Just my opinion. Fire Away.

Last year in only their 4th year of football existence Howie took the owls on the road in 6 of their first 7 games and won 6 of them. The first three were on the road wins against 1-A teams Hawaii, North Texas and Middle Ten. That was an impressive example of what he can do. This year we will see how he does having to replace most of last years talent?

Here's what ESPN has on their front college football page concerning LSU.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/preview05/n...%3fid%3d2133234

Rick