LSU Star RB Out For Year

Eagle-96

----New Coach, new system, new QB and now a new running back.... and the season starts in 3 weeks. hmmmm.

---We need to hang on that first quarter and get a decent start to make them think too much and make them and their fans wonder about themselves.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

So I was having beers with a buddy of mine on Saturday night discussing the LSU/NT game. My friend is an LSU grad and pretty rabbid football fan. I mentioned the line for the game was originally something like 34 points. He laughed. He doesn't think there is any way LSU will even score 34 points let alone beat NT with that spread. His feelings were that LSU had 3 RB's who could play any where (looks like 2 now) but the QB was a BIG question mark and the fact that Saban was such a defense first kinda guy and Miles isn't is going to hurt them. Sabans "D" feared him (he made a guy on Miami cry the other day) and because of this fear they dominated teams or risk his ire.

So who knows our game against LSU may be a bit more interesting/close than many on this board think.

So who knows our game against LSU may be a bit more interesting/close than many on this board think.

Sorry but it aint gonna be close.

1. Baton Rouge is possibly the most difficult place to play in the country.

2. Most of the LSU starting offense and defense will make NFL rosters when their eligibility is up.

3. It is a non-conference game.

My conservative estimate is:

LSU 52

NT 6

My conservative estimate is:

LSU 52

NT 6

I'll take $100 on that. If you're giving LSU and 46. I also take $100 on the under of a total of 58.

Please, put your money where your mouth is!!!!!

Edited by GreenBat

I'll take $100 on that. If you're giving LSU and 46. I also take $100 on the under of a total of 58.

Please, put your money where your mouth is!!!!!

You don't have to yell GB, I heard ya. I want NT to win as much as anyone but I just don't see where we have much of a chance. I'm just being realistic about the game.

Since 2000 the average score for NT against BCS teams on the road has been 36-8 and that is throwing in some marginal teams in Tech, Arizona, and Baylor. If you take the scores against elite BCS teams it is 42-7. Those are some pretty bad scores. LSU is one of the better teams we have played in a long time and the only saving grace may be that we will be facing their 2nd and 3rd teams in the 2nd half which may stem the flow a bit. Louisiana Tech, and Tulsa will be winnable but LSU and KSU will probably be real ugly.

I'm not saying that LSU is going to lose, but I don't see them winning by 46 points.

I'll lower my voice. PUT YOUR MONEY Where YOUR MOUTH IS if you really believe in your score.

96 - I agree with you on LSU, but I think KSU is a little more evenly matched. They will probably win, but I don't think it will get ugly. They aren't the same KSU team of years past. Last year they were very average. I don't know how they look this year, but I don't think they will have their with us.

biggrin.gif The Alley Broussard news was already posted on the UNT board like 2 days ago.

The starter of this thread is late. lol

Furthermore, this situation is disappointing, yes.

However this will give Alley Broussard a chance to redshirt this year (his junior year) and come back next fall still with 2 years of eligibility left, which may not be such bad news after all.

Adman..., I'll correct you...LSU will still have a wealth of talent at RB, not two but Three! tongue.gif

Joseph Addai, Sr., Shyrone Carey, Sr., Justin Vincent, Jr. All of which were a part of LSU's National Championship Team in 2003.

R.J. Jackson and Antonio Robinson are our true freshman running backs, both were nationally recruited out of high school.

Also LSU has two very good FB's, Kevin Steltz, Sr. and Jacob Hester,So.

Addai, Carey, and Steltz, will be leaving after this season. This will give us great leadership and once again leave us with two outstanding running backs in Broussard and Vincent for the 2006 season.

GEAUX TIGERS! biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif The Alley Broussard news was already posted on the UNT board like 2 days ago.

The starter of this thread is late. lol

There was a mention in a post a couple of days ago about an LSU RB being out for the season. I decided to post the article so my Mean Green brothers and sisters could read the story. The only thing that is late is the copy of Goodnight Moon you checked out last month and still couldn't finish. You better get it back to the LSU library so the other students can start on their American Lit assignments.

No reason to get mad about a guy telling it like it is, GreenBat. We are going to lose to LSU, and we're only playing them for the money. In the second half, LSU will bring out their second team and we'll be more evenly matched.

If all goes according to plan, we can stay within 14 points.

We'll be a pretty good team this year, possibly better than last year.

KSU isn't going to be the same game as LSU.

I compare the KSU game to the one we played in Colorado,we will put up a fight, hell we coupld possibly win, but we won't get destroyed.

I know the final score against CU was ugly, but there was a good portion of that game that we were in it.

TY BRITTAIN smile.gif , That was nice of you to defend me, and b.t.y. im not a guy darlin'.

Eagle.......um what's a matter, ur fellow brothers and sisters couldn't read the post from two days ago? laugh.giftongue.gif Come on Eagle give ur bro's & sis's more credit than that!

Furthermore Eagle, I didn't come to this board to argue.

Speaking of reading......... I need to ask Harry or anyone else that may know, a question.

<<<<Why does it say Can't Read , right here. Maybe it has something to do with my profile info.

Can someone tell me how i can resolve this. TY.

Hush up Eagle no funny remarks from you .... Ha Ha! just kiddin'.

GOOD LUCK GREENIES!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif

GEAUX TIGERS!! biggrin.gif

From what I remember acouple yrs ago we played #1 Oklahoma and played a pretty respectable game... LSU does not have the calibur of players or coaching that OU had that yr.

I was at that Oklahoma game two years ago.... although it was disappointing, our boys did put up a good fight. The refs were horribly biased (too bad the SBC doesn't give US that kind of home cookin') and there were some seriously missed calls.

They'd just abolished the 5-yard halo after catching a punt (stupid, really). Can't remember exactly who our punt returner was, but he got flatlined before the ball even got there, and the refs didn't call a thing. Even the OK fans were yelling about that one. dry.gif

I was at that Oklahoma game two years ago.... although it was disappointing, our boys did put up a good fight. The refs were horribly biased (too bad the SBC doesn't give US that kind of home cookin') and there were some seriously missed calls.

They'd just abolished the 5-yard halo after catching a punt (stupid, really). Can't remember exactly who our punt returner was, but he got flatlined before the ball even got there, and the refs didn't call a thing. Even the OK fans were yelling about that one. dry.gif

Probably Branch.... about five minutes into the game he fumbled a punt when he was hit. OU got 3 out of the deal.

KSU isn't going to be the same game as LSU.

I compare the KSU game to the one we played in Colorado,we will put up a fight, hell we coupld possibly win, but we won't get destroyed.

I know the final score against CU was ugly, but there was a good portion of that game that we were in it.

I think the key to this game is how good will are going to be this year. KSU isnt nearly as good as CU was last year, so if we are as good or better then we were last year then i believe with the right game plan we can go up there and be playing for a win in the 4th quarter.

Anyone that proclaims that we are going to be blown out before we even hit the field is a loser. I feel sorry for defeatist people like that. Regardless of the opinion of the soon to be incarcerated for life Bernie Ebbers, we shall see what happens in less than three weeks.  mad.gif

RG. I may disagree with your views but I wouldn't call you a loser. You don't know me so I would expect the same respect from you. You can feel sorry for me if you want but I don't, I am doing just fine. I am being realistic in my prediction. I have taken off the Green colored glasses and put down the kool-aid. I am predicting with my head not my heart. I have gone into each year since 1994 thinking, hoping, and praying that this would be OUR year. I imagined what it would be like to go to work on Monday after shocking the world by beating OU, UT, LSU, etc... I have seen how DD prepares for the Non-conference slate. I have seen the seperation in talent between NT and the LSUs of the world. Thomas or Cobbs would probably start at LSU but we only have a few other players on our entire team that would garner playing time at LSU:

Quinn

Lineberry

Covington

Bazaldua

We saw what Texas did to us last year not to mention a sorry Baylor team. I just don't see us competing.

I am not worried about the LSU game because they are a freakin' Top 10 school whose alums give like there's no tomorrow and they have us (as well as many others) beat on most other athletic-related facilities & resources (at the moment anyway). rolleyes.gif

I think Coach DD says something like this before the pre-game prayer: "OK guys, go out there, execute, keep penalties to a minimum, do what you learned in 2-a-days and thereafter, have a good time tonight AND we as coaches will do whatever needs be to keep you fresh in this hot, muggy weather. 'Yet do have a good time tonight but remember this--we have a game next week that has much more far-reaching ramifications than this non conference game tonight."

A Darrell Dickey PS: "BTW, those Tigers put on their pants just like you do--one leg at at time!" blink.gif (Had to add that because my own HS football coach would tell our team that when we were up against a helluva' world-beater football team).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen