"Power, Passion, and Glory"

"Power, Passion, and Glory," the documentary by Dallas filmmaker Ken Heckmann about the Celina Bobcats, who became the winningest team in

Texas history during their dramatic 2002 season. Heckman captures it all on on film.

"Power, Passion, and Glory" is what TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL is about. There are problems with teenagers growing up, but this film shows what a positive attitude and hard work can do. It is a good bet that none of these kids will play on Sunday or even on a national stage on Saturday, but that does not take away from the message of this movie. It only enforces it. The only thing I did not like about the film was it was TOO SHORT. "Friday Night Lights" is a good movie, but "Power, Passion, and Glory" is a GREAT FILM. The film pulls back the curtain on the fervor that Texas High School football creates. The film is narrated by veteran sportscaster Pat Summerall.

"POWER, PASSION & GLORY"

is now for sale at Walmart Supercenters in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana & Tennessee.

If you are in one of these states, please consider buying it there for just $16.96. Or you can always go on-line to www.Walmart.com, click on movies, and type "Power, Passion & Glory" in the search box. That way you don't even have to be near a Walmart to get in on this great deal. And remember, it really does make a terrific Christmas gift for any sports fan.

We just learned last night that if Walmart sells enough DVD's this week, they will take the movie nationwide. Which means we could get this inspirational and motivational movie to a lot more football fans. Good for us, yes, but more importantly, good for the country! This movie is perfect for families -- it contains no profanity or gratuitous violence, and is the kind of film America needs more of -- a powerful message, a great story and a fitting tribute to a great sport.

This is what I sent to the director.

________

I am a Texas high school football coach, and eagerly anticipated the release of Friday Night Lights, as it was one of my favorite books. I enjoyed the movie, though I left with a bittersweet taste because it did not take me through the real emotions that the book did.

I purchased Power Passion & Glory at the 2005 THSCA convention, and was blown away. I get goosebumps every single time I watch Ross Roby make that play against Gainesville, and I fight to hold back tears when Coach Ford gets choked up after the loss to Daingerfield. The pure emotion of players, coaches, a school and a community coming together is evident and palpable.

I contend that PPG is closer to FNL the book than FNL the movie is. H.G. Bissinger did an excellent job of capturing the true essence of Texas high school football, and Ken Heckmann did the same with PPG (without the deep social issues Bissinger delved into).

The Hollywood version of FNL is just that, Hollywood. PPG is real joy, real pain, real victory, real tears, real Texas high school football. It is a must have for anyone who holds a place in their heart for the greatest sport on Earth, Texas high school football.

Guest JohnDenver

I searched for it on Netflix a while ago and they didn't have it. I searched again today and they have added it...

To the top of the queue it goes. Thanks for the advice.