QB in summer workouts mentioned earlier post

OldTimer

Guest e-bone

I have further information, and no, I didn't hear it from a former player down at the dog tracks. I work with an incoming freshman named Justin Feaster who is working out with the football team this summer. He played at Glen Rose and was 3A All State Honorable Mention. He is listed at 6'2" 201lbs, but isn't quite that tall. He is however pretty strong looking so he might be 200lbs.

Things of interest that Justin has told me: Byerly hasn't been working out with the team... Meager started throwing again a few weeks back... Cullen Mills is back working out with the team... Jonathan Ieans has worked out with the QBs... Patrick Cobbs likes golf... Confirmation that Diet Coke Boy is ineligible for the upcoming season and the coaches are scrambling to find a replacement... The players are happy about getting new turf...

Guest JohnDenver

haha, I suppose a few missed that thread

On the Mean Green Report, a certain reporter always starts off by saying .. "I was up at the Barber shop ... " or "The guys at the Barber shop tell me that ... "

Funny times.

Bio on Matt Phillips.

A dual threat quarterback, Phillips led the Lake View Chiefs to a share of the District 4-4A championship last season ... Phillips was named the 4-4A Offensive Most Valuable Player after throwing for 1,950 yards and 11 touchdowns in his senior year ... He also scrambled for 485 yards and 14 touchdowns ... Was named the All-West Texas Super Team MVP by the San Angelo Standard-Times ... Went 11 of 15 for 98 yards and two touchdowns in the FCA Myrle Greathouse All-Star Classic ... Was also a two-time all-district catcher for the Lake View baseball team ... Coached by North Texas graduate Joey McQueen.

Bio on Matt Phillips.

A dual threat quarterback, Phillips led the Lake View Chiefs to a share of the District 4-4A championship last season ... Phillips was named the 4-4A Offensive Most Valuable Player after throwing for 1,950 yards and 11 touchdowns in his senior year ... He also scrambled for 485 yards and 14 touchdowns ... Was named the All-West Texas Super Team MVP by the San Angelo Standard-Times ... Went 11 of 15 for 98 yards and two touchdowns in the FCA Myrle Greathouse All-Star Classic ... Was also a two-time all-district catcher for the Lake View baseball team ... Coached by North Texas graduate Joey McQueen.

SIMPLETON SIMON SAYS:

Shucks! All we need is somebody who can chunk that pigskin tater as far down the field as possible and just let the Mighty Quinn run underneath the darn thing, catch it, score and then show the crowd his Mr. Clean impersonation) blink.gif Isn't that the very thing that what will keep the Emerald Express and Super JaMo from seeing 9 lined up on the opposing team's defenses this Fall?

Doesn't that just about size it up? rolleyes.gif

SIMPLETON SIMON SAYS: THAT'S ALL & I'M OUTTA' HERE.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Bio on Matt Phillips.

Do we know his size, speed?

Didn't you use that same tired line to thwart criticism of Richard Bridges? If a QB has shown absolutely nothing what's wrong with saying so and giving someone else who might just work a chance?

I can't recall ever defending Richard Bridges. Or saying anything about him whatsoever.

Not defending Ieans either... just noting some harsh talk.