Rivals/DMN top state 100 FB recruits

OldTimer

Athlete (TE/BackupQB) Jarmcus Skillern 6-2, 215, 4.7 Nacogdoches. listed at #87 He lists UTEP, UH, Iowa St, NT, A&M in that order

We are in on one of the "top five" TE's in Texas, and we have two outstanding young TE's in last years signing class , but I would believe, based on in my recruiting analysis) that NT will recruit and try to sign One (1) incoming Freshman TE next spring. biggrin.gif

I saw the other TE that your talking about a couple times last year and then at his schools spring game. He has good size, with room to put on more. At the spring game he had a couple of nice catches including one drive that consisted of just getting him the ball. He would be a great pick up, but he already has an offer on the table from UNC, which might be hard for us to match.

Thats one of the problems with the way that DD conducts things when it comes to recruiting. It would be nice to get a top 5 TE to start off the recruiting sesaon. But thats not how DD does things so its hard for a player to hold of on an offer from someone such as a UNC to wait to pick up offers from the likes of UNT. I know his method also has its positives but thats just one thing going against us.

Edited by H-towngreen

Thats one of the problems with the way that DD conducts things when it comes to recruiting.  It would be nice to get a top 5 TE to start off the recruiting sesaon.  But thats not how DD does things so its hard for a player to hold of on an offer from someone such as a UNC to wait to pick up offers from the likes of UNT.  I know his method also has its positives but thats just one thing going against us.

You know...never looked at it from that perspective. I understand that a UNT showing early interest may alert other, bigger programs to a possible good recruit. However, some players may have a tendency to remain loyal to the schools who showed first interest in them.

I am faithful to the Mean Green...but what would you say if OU might show some interest early on, and then NT comes along in January and says "hey...come on over here".

Hey...maybe the grass is greener on the other side, though...

Get it? We're the Mean GREEN! laugh.gif

....so its hard for a player to hold of on an offer from someone such as a UNC to wait to pick up offers from the likes of UNT.  I know his method also has its positives but thats just one thing going against us.

"...to the likes of UNT" is the kind of language that I hope a new 35-40,000 seat stadium over at our Eagle Point Campus will help us lose (loose) forever.smile.gif We've all been guilty of thinking that way I think we'd all agree.

Anyone else ever think that here in the Lone Star State that the Texas State 2'nd 100 list (or blue chip recruits 101-200) ain't too shabby a list to recruit from either? rolleyes.gif

It would be an interesting thing to know how successful Texas HS recruits 101-200 have been in college thru the years compared to the Texas state top 100. Of course, I can't recall ever seeing a Texas State Top 101-200 list, either. huh.gif

Plumm I didnt mean "to the likes of UNT" in the way you took it. I meant in more in terms of having a higher profile, school size, conferences, and BCS bowl chances. I'm sure UNT has things leaning in our favor also, such as staying closer to home, and conference rings amongst others. And like NCmeangreeen stated it's tough to wait the entire season for an offer from UNT while one sits on the table from UNC.

Plumm I didnt mean "to the likes of UNT" in the way you took it.  I meant in more in terms of having a higher profile, school size, conferences, and BCS bowl chances.  I'm sure UNT has things leaning in our favor also, such as staying closer to home, and conference rings amongst others.  And like NCmeangreeen stated it's tough to wait the entire season for an offer from UNT while one sits on the table from UNC.

rolleyes.gif