Impressive Results/Acheivements

UNTLifer

I finally got around to reading Texas Football and found some interesting information regarding North Texas. I don't think this information has been posted yet, if so I apologize.

We like to talk about our lack of Top 100 recruits and why DD doesn't recruit/sign so-and-so, but here is a quote from the section labeled "Mean Green Coaching Staff" that caught my eye:

A master of recruiting players to suit his system, Dickey's Mean Green players have accouted for 56 all-conference selections since 2001, including 14 last season.  In that same time frame, the Mean Green has claimed 16 individual post season awards.  Last year's Sun Belt Player of the Year, Offensive Player of the Year, Newcomer of the Year, Freshman of the Year and Coach of the Year all wear Mean Green.  Dickey is still the only Coach of the Year the Sun Belt has known in its four years of football.

I also find five North Texas players listed on either the 1st or 2nd Team All-Texas College Team including Jamario as the Best Runner and Best Sophmore. Our five players ranks only behind UT (12), A$M (9) and Tech (8) and ties us with Baylor although the Bears have 4 players listed with Willie Andrews being mentioned for two positions.

A couple of years ago this was unheard of.

Edited by UNTLifer

True. And it is also true that it does not matter what talent you recruit...but how you utilize that talent. We recruit good talent that seems to fit in nicely with our system. I think the results are self-eveient, no?