Lance Armstrong at it again.....

http://oln.dayport.com/tdf/standings/stand...gs&t=ITG&e=0400

The greatest athlete of all time took over 1st place this morning in the team time trial. His Discovery Channel team won the trial, for the 3rd year in a row, almost 45 seconds ahead of the nearest team. Armstrongs' overall lead at this point is 55 seconds ahead of George Hincapie, one of his own teammates, and over a minute ahead of the German Urhlich. Seems like this is a fairly early lead for him at this point of the tour than in the past, not sure?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Agreed about the early lead. I don't see him holding this lead through the end. Don't misunderstand me, I believe Armstrong will win number 7, but I don't see the team excerting the effort to hold the lead at this time. He will remain within reach of the lead, take the lead for good in the few mountain stages, and then hold on to the end. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed about the early lead.  I don't see him holding this lead through the end.  Don't misunderstand me, I believe Armstrong will win number 7, but I don't see the team excerting the effort to hold the lead at this time.  He will remain within reach of the lead, take the lead for good in the few mountain stages, and then hold on to the end.  Just my 2 cents.

I've watched the tours for a while now and this is his usual game plan. He happened to get the Yellow today because of when the team time trial was but he won't care about keeping it like you said. Just wait till the pyrenees.

I'm a huge cycling fanatic and have been watching the Tour coverage on OLN at least twice a day. I got to see Lance race out at the Tour De Georgia in April, and boy was that an experience I will never forget. His team is the strongest in years and they'll do everything to keep Lance where he is. The next few days are flat stages, not Lances specialty, so we'll have to see how long he can hold on to the Yellow Jersey! Once the mountain stages come is when the big action with all of Lances contenders will take place, but that is still almost two weeks away.

In the meantime, Go Lance Go!

Go Mean Green!