Lineberry on Outland Award Watch List

Happen to find this in a New Mexico Lobo article on the MWC board. Congrats to Dylan !

http://golobos.collegesports.com/sports/m-.../062905aaa.html

2005 OUTLAND TROPHY PRESEASON WATCH LIST

Jesse Boone, OL, Utah

J. B. Closner, C, Alabama

Daryn Colledge, OT, Boise State

Ryan Cook, C, New Mexico

Mike Degory, C, Florida

Greg Eslinger, C, Minnesota

Steve Fifita, DL, Utah

D,Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia

Orien Harris, DT, Miami (Fla.)

Manase Hopoi, DT, Washington

T. J. Jackson, NG, Auburn

Max Jean-Gilles, OL, Georgia

Davin Joseph, G, Oklahoma

Jake Kuresa, OL, BYU

Travis Leffew, OL, Louisville

Matt Lentz, G, Michigan

Dylan Lineberry, G, North Texas

Josh Linehan, G, Oregon State

Grayling Love, OT, Arizona State

Jesse Mahelona, DT, Tennessee

Nick Mangold, C, Ohio State

Garrett McIntyre, DT, Fresno State

Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn

Dan Mozes, G, West Virginia

Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon

Ryan O'Callaghan, OT, California

Marvin Philip, C, California

Samson Satele, G, Hawaii

Jonathan Scott, OT, Texas

Mark Setterstrom, OL, Minnesota

Ben Siegert, DT, Oregon State

Gabe Watson, DT, Michigan

Andrew Whitworth, OT, LSU

Jon Wilson, C, Air Force

Eric Winston, OT, Miami (Fla.)

Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas

The Football Writers Association of America, a non-profit organization founded in 1941, consists of more than 900 men and women across North America who cover college football for a living. The membership includes journalists, broadcasters and publicists, as well as key executives in all the areas that involve the game. The FWAA works to govern areas that include gameday operations, major awards, a national poll and its annual All-America team.

2005 OUTLAND TROPHY WATCH LIST ANNOUNCED

DALLAS (FWAA) – The Football Writers Association of America has announced the 2005 Outland Trophy Watch List. Thirty-six standout linemen from around the country have been nominated for consideration in the preseason.

The Outland Trophy has been awarded to the best offensive or defensive lineman in college football since 1946. The winner is selected by the FWAA’s All-America Committee, which selects the association's 25-man team and picks three Outland Trophy finalists.

The 2005 Outland Trophy announcement will be on Dec. 8 in Orlando, Fla., on the ESPN Home Depot College Football Awards Show. The Outland Trophy presentation banquet, sponsored by the Greater Omaha Sports Committee and First Data Corporation, is set for Jan. 12, 2006, in Omaha, Neb.

Oklahoma offensive tackle Jammal Brown won the 2004 Outland Trophy. Former Outland winner Ron Yary from USC (1967), will make the announcement of the 2005 winner in Orlando.

Additional Outland Trophy candidates may be added during the course of the season. Tackles, guards and centers are eligible for consideration.

2005 OUTLAND TROPHY PRESEASON WATCH LIST

Jesse Boone, OL, Utah

J. B. Closner, C, Alabama

Daryn Colledge, OT, Boise State

Ryan Cook, C, New Mexico

Mike Degory, C, Florida

Greg Eslinger, C, Minnesota

Steve Fifita, DL, Utah

D’Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia

Orien Harris, DT, Miami (Fla.)

Manase Hopoi, DT, Washington

T. J. Jackson, NG, Auburn

Max Jean-Gilles, OL, Georgia

Davin Joseph, G, Oklahoma

Jake Kuresa, OL, BYU

Travis Leffew, OL, Louisville

Matt Lentz, G, Michigan

Dylan Lineberry, G, North Texas

Josh Linehan, G, Oregon State Grayling Love, OT, Arizona State

Jesse Mahelona, DT, Tennessee

Nick Mangold, C, Ohio State

Garrett McIntyre, DT, Fresno State

Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn

Dan Mozes, G, West Virginia

Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon

Ryan O'Callaghan, OT, California

Marvin Philip, C, California

Samson Satele, G, Hawaii

Jonathan Scott, OT, Texas

Mark Setterstrom, OL, Minnesota

Ben Siegert, DT, Oregon State

Gabe Watson, DT, Michigan

Andrew Whitworth, OT, LSU

Jon Wilson, C, Air Force

Eric Winston, OT, Miami (Fla.)

Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas

The Football Writers Association of America, a non-profit organization founded in 1941, consists of more than 900 men and women across North America who cover college football for a living. The membership includes journalists, broadcasters and publicists, as well as key executives in all the areas that involve the game. The FWAA works to govern areas that include gameday operations, major awards, a national poll and its annual All-America team.

For more information on the Outland Trophy, go to the official website, www.outlandtrophy.com, or contact FWAA executive director Steve Richardson (972-713-6198 or tigerfwaa@aol.com).

Besides NT's Dylan Lineberry this pre-season, who else in Mean Green Country has had an Outland Trophy nomination?

This trophy came along years after Mean Green greats (and NFL first round draft choices) Mean Joe Greene and Cedric Hardman had left Mean Green Country or they certainly would have been on it, with 1 (maybe both) probably winning the award.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Trying to figure out why we can't find this out from our athletic department. It was released on June 29 (Thursday). Our Sports Information Director (Eric Capper) is falling down on the job.

This is unexcuseable. This is big news for Dylan and the University. It makes us seem like we don't care.

I'm getting sick of this, somebody's head needs to roll.

Trying to figure out why we can't find this out from our athletic department. It was released on June 29 (Thursday). Our Sports Information Director (Eric Capper) is falling down on the job.

This is unexcuseable. This is big news for Dylan and the University. It makes us seem like we don't care.

I'm getting sick of this, somebody's head needs to roll.

Hey, man, Capper busts his butt at his job. He puts in ridiculous hours during the year and stretches what the athletic department able to do with very limited resources. He's just about the most courteous and professional guy you could hope for, and has been extremely helpful to both myself and gomeangreen.com in general.

Believe me, we'll hear all about Dylan's nomination this season. I'd guess that it'll probably be up sometime this next week. But, you know what? Even if it never makes it up there, that doesn't tarnish Dylan's accomplishment, and it says nothing about how good Capper is at his job.

All this says is that we don't have anything to talk about in the month of July.

Hey, man, Capper busts his butt at his job.  He puts in ridiculous hours during the year and stretches what the athletic department able to do with very limited resources.  He's just about the most courteous and professional guy you could hope for, and has been extremely helpful to both myself and gomeangreen.com in general.

Believe me, we'll hear all about Dylan's nomination this season.  I'd guess that it'll probably be up sometime this next week.  But, you know what?  Even if it never makes it up there, that doesn't tarnish Dylan's accomplishment, and it says nothing about how good Capper is at his job.

All this says is that we don't have anything to talk about in the month of July.

I like Eric Capper and he has been helpful to me as well. I think he does the best job of any SID we've had at NT, but missing something this big is inexcusable. I mean it has been out there since Thursday. The FWAA website that should be checked daily in June and July, since that’s when they announce the watch list. A media relations director should know this. I’m not saying it’s Capper’s fault, but it’s certainly the Sports Information Department’s responsibility. I’ve forwarded the release from the FWAA to Rick V, Eric Capper, Brett Vito, The Dallas Morning News’ college editor Mark Konradi, The Dallas Morning News’ Sports Desk and Russ Goodall, the DRC sports editor.

I wanted to make sure this got in the paper as soon as possible. I do not know a contact at the Star-telegram to send the release to.

And per the release the Outland trophy is for the best Offensive or Defensive lineman.

The Outland Trophy has been awarded to the best offensive or defensive lineman in college football since 1946. The winner is selected by the FWAA’s All-America Committee, which selects the association's 25-man team and picks three Outland Trophy finalists.

Edited by GreenBat

I like Eric Capper and he has been helpful to me as well. I think he does the best job of any SID we've had at NT, but missing something this big is inexcusable. I mean it has been out there since Thursday. The FWAA website that should be checked daily in June and July, since that’s when they announce the watch list. A media relations director should know this. I’m not saying it’s Capper’s fault, but it’s certainly the Sports Information Department’s responsibility. I’ve forwarded the release from the FWAA to Rick V, Eric Capper, Brett Vito, The Dallas Morning News’ college editor Mark Konradi, The Dallas Morning News’ Sports Desk and Russ Goodall, the DRC sports editor.

I wanted to make sure this got in the paper as soon as possible. I do not know a contact at the Star-telegram to send the release to.

And per the release the Outland trophy is for the best Offensive or Defensive lineman.

Send it to that drunk Randy Galloway. With 2 Maxwell Award nominees and now 1 Outland Trophy nominee, I dare him to disrespect NT. <_<

I'd cut the guy some slack, Maybe just maybe he's on vacation around a holiday weekend? I don't know the athletic dept. personel schedule but I do know that when you work in athletics it's IMPOSSIBLE to take vacation during the 9 months of the school year and especially during football season. I also know our atheltic dept is short staffed as it is, and if you work in athletics you HAVE to take your vacation in June or July. Combine that with an already small staff with everyone sheduling vacations in June and July and you have a skeleton crew holding down the fort at the SLOWEST TIME OF THE YEAR.

I don't know what his schedule but it's just a possibility.

Another possiblilty is maybe, just maybe they are waiting to release this when the news cycle is a bit more favorable? This was released on a Thursday before a holiday weekend, which means the EARLIEST it would get into print would be on a Friday before the Forth of July weekend. Do you think it would get much notice? Why not wait and do the press release on Tuesday when everyone is back to work, Tuesday which is the slowest newsday of any sporting week, on Tuesday when the only thing in the paper will be the Rangers vs the Red Socks? On Tuesday where your story wont get buried by coverage of the PGA tornament that weekend, Nascar, Wimbledon finals, and the start of the Tour De France?

Don't you think we might get a few more column inches? I don't know just my opinion....I could be wrong.

From DMN

Linemen from UT, UNT and OU on Outland watch list

12:47 AM CDT on Monday, July 4, 2005

From Staff and Wire Reports

The Football Writers Association of America has announced the 2005 Outland Trophy watch list.

Thirty-six linemen from around the country – including Texas offensive tackle Jonathan Scott and defensive tackle Rodrique Wright, Oklahoma guard Davin Joseph and North Texas guard Dylan Lineberry – have been nominated for consideration in the preseason.

From DRC

UNT's Lineberry lands on Outland watch list

08:03 AM CDT on Monday, July 4, 2005

North Texas junior offensive lineman Dylan Lineberry is one of 36 players who has been named to the 2005 Outland Trophy Award Watch List.

The award goes to the top offensive or defensive lineman in college football each season.

Lineberry started at guard last season for UNT and was named the Newcomer of the Year in the Sun Belt Conference. He was also a second-team all-conference selection.

It has been almost a week since this was released. It was in the DMN & DRC on Monday, because I sent it to them. It is still not on the official website.

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Congrats Dylan.  I would love to see you on the Dean's List also.

I would give my right kidney, my next born, my...

OK...I wouldn't do THAT, but I would REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY like him to be able to play this year.

P.S. Was that enough really's??? Did I sound pathetic enough? blink.gif