MUTS lose strength coach

MeanGreen61

DNJ article from the MUTS board. I know we've lost coaches, but it seems like the MUTS really loses more. Guess it's the $$$$

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A.../506150314/1006

MTSU strength coach Rogers resigns

By ADAM SPARKS

sparks@dnj.com

MTSU football strength coach Robb Rogers has resigned to accept a position at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.

Rogers, a former National Strength Coach of the Year, has been with the Blue Raiders for the last six years and served alongside MTSU head coach Andy McCollum for 11 of the last 12 years, including a five-year stint while both were at Baylor.

"There's a lot of wins in this move for me because it's an opportunity I've been working toward for a very long time," Rogers said. "The only negative of it is that I have to leave here.

"Andy has always been a super guy, and I can honestly say that I have met the best group of people and had the best neighbors here than anywhere I've ever lived. And that's not just talk because I'm leaving. That's the way we feel. You couldn't ask for a better place to live than Murfreesboro."

Rogers will not officially leave MTSU until June 30.

"We're losing a great strength, but even more importantly, it's a huge loss for the university," McCollum said. "Robb has got knowledge in a lot of areas. He's always been loyal, and he's been a close friend.

"Financially, he just had to do what's best for his family. Now, we'll be looking to fill that position, but he leaves some hard shoes to fill."

Rogers' new position will also be in the training and conditioning field. He will develop training programs for both common and professional athletes.

St. Vincent's is in a steady rise to become the premier training facility of the upper Midwest, similar to the southeastern status of the Velocity Sports Performance facility in Atlanta where some