College Football TV Schedule

DoubleEagle

Dont know about the SunBelt, but I think there is this little game going on on ABC at the same time with some school from Texas and Ohio...

Wish we would have had a day game in the 'boro

I didn't know that a time had been set for the NT/MT game; but don't we all know that the TV fellas' can change kick-off time at a moments notice. rolleyes.gif

There will be many other college football games happening on TV besides the Texas/Ohio State game, too. Some of us remember a day when that would not have been the case and that was the days before cable TV and ESPN.

Back in the day your school was selected the Monday or Tuesday the week of a game for a national or regional ABC-TV spot or your school would not be on TV that Saturday. ABC-TV, Chris Schenkel and Bud Wilkinson were the only game in town (so to speak) back in that era; although there were regional broadcast duos as well.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

That is incorrect - only one game on ESPN2.

Not according to that website:

Week 6

Tue. Oct. 04 Troy at North Texas 6:30 p.m. ESPN2

Wed. Oct. 05 Miami Ohio at Northern Illinois 6:30 p.m. ESPN2

Thu. Oct. 06 North Carolina State at Georgia Tech 6:30 p.m. ESPN (HD)

Thu. Oct. 06 South Carolina State at Norfolk State 6:30 p.m. ESPNU

Fri. Oct. 07 Syracuse at Connecticut 7:00 p.m. ESPN2

Sat. Oct. 08 Oklahoma vs. Texas Noon ABC

Sat. Oct. 08 Air Force at Navy 12:30 p.m. CSTV

Sat. Oct. 08 Georgia at Tennessee 2:30 p.m. CBS (HD)

Sat. Oct. 08 Iowa at Purdue 3:30 p.m. ESPN

Sat. Oct. 08 Ohio State at Penn State 6:45 p.m. ESPN or ESPN2 at 6:00 p.m.

Sat. Oct. 08 Tulsa at Southern Miss. 7:00 p.m. CSTV

Sat. Oct. 08 California at UCLA TBA TBA

Sat. Oct. 08 Minnesota at Michigan TBA TBA

Sat. Oct. 08 North Carolina at Louisville TBA TBA

Week 13

Mon. Nov. 21 Miami Ohio at Ohio 6:30 p.m. ESPNU

Tue. Nov. 22 Toledo at Bowling Green 6:00 p.m. ESPN2

Wed. Nov. 23 Western Michigan at Northern Illinois 12:30 p.m. ESPN2

Thu. Nov. 24 Kent State at Akron 9:00 a.m. ESPN2 or ESPNU

Thu. Nov. 24 Tuskegee at Alabama State 1:00 p.m. ESPNU

Thu. Nov. 24 Pittsburgh at West Virginia 7:00 p.m. ESPN

Fri. Nov. 25 Texas at Texas A&M 11:00 a.m. ABC

Fri. Nov. 25 Arkansas at LSU 1:30 p.m. CBS

Fri. Nov. 25 Arizona at Arizona State 2:00 p.m. FSN

Fri. Nov. 25 Nebraska at Colorado 2:30 p.m. ABC

Fri. Nov. 25 Wisconsin at Hawaii 8:00 p.m. ESPN2

Sat. Nov. 26 Florida State at Florida 2:30 p.m. CBS (HD)

Sat. Nov. 26 Notre Dame at Stanford 2:30 p.m. ABC (or 7:00 p.m.)

Sat. Nov. 26 Oklahoma State at Oklahoma 2:30 p.m. ABC (or 7:00 p.m.)

Sat. Nov. 26 Arkansas State at North Texas TBA ESPN2

Sat. Nov. 26 Virginia at Miami TBA TBA

Edited by stebo

I also noticed that CSTV was only able to buy ONE game on a national non-cable network (ABC) - their deal with the Mountain West was supposed to guarantee them 5 (of which I cried "no possible way when it was announced).

If you want to get really technical about it; they have 3 total "National" Broadcasts - if you count ESPN as a Nationally Broadcast game channel - which I do... but the deal specifically called for CSTV to pay for Network Broadcasting Rights for non-cable channels for a minimum of 5 games. I ahe to give them credit for convincing ESPN to sell them the airspace to show two of those games (even though it does not meet the contract guidelines)... So there is one game on ABC and there are a couple of games on ESPN for them (Air Force at Utah and CSU at UNM) but you can't help but notice one small thing...

...the promise/deal that the MWC gave TCU was that they would not have any wierd dates/start times for their West Coast games to accomodate TV - well, they are honoring their agreement - and in return - TCU is nowhere to be found in the MWC television package. So much for a better TV deal for TCU in the MWC. They might be getting paid a little more money; but they sure are not getting better exposure. They simply chose not to put them on TV as a result of those "negotiations"... Now, if TCU gets "hot" - I imagine that the MWC and CSTV will figure out a way to get them on TV; but until then - the Sun Belt looks to be getting better exposure then the MWC/TCU at this time. A lot of those games that were previously on ESPN-Regional are now making their ways to ESPNU - which is being added to a ton of cable affiliates each week, has already been added to Direct TV and will be added to Dish Network by the time football season rolls around. CSTV on the other hand is only available in certain markets (mostly in Western Coast cities) and is running at about $12.99 a month for the cities that can subscribe to it. Only one of the dish companies has picked it up so far and they are also charging an extra $13 bucks a month for that one channel alone. The real "value" of that whole MWC/CSTV deal was for CSTV to buy that network space of which we can see that they are not even coming CLOSE to living up to their end of the bargain.

Edited by stebo

I also noticed that CSTV was only able to buy ONE game on a national non-cable network (ABC) - their deal with the Mountain West was supposed to guarantee them 5 (of which I cried "no possible way when it was announced). 

If you want to get really technical about it; they have 3 total "National" Broadcasts - if you count ESPN as a Nationally Broadcast game channel - which I do... but the deal specifically called for CSTV to pay for Network Broadcasting Rights for non-cable channels for a minimum of 5 games.  I ahe to give them credit for convincing ESPN to sell them the airspace to show two of those games (even though it does not meet the contract guidelines)... So there is one game on ABC and there are a couple of games on ESPN for them (Air Force at Utah and CSU at UNM) but you can't help but notice one small thing...

...the promise/deal that the MWC gave TCU was that they would not have any wierd dates/start times for their West Coast games to accomodate TV - well, they are honoring their agreement - and in return - TCU is nowhere to be found in the MWC television package.  So much for a better TV deal for TCU in the MWC.  They might be getting paid a little more money; but they sure are not getting better exposure.  They simply chose not to put them on TV as a result of those "negotiations"... Now, if TCU gets "hot" - I imagine that the MWC and CSTV will figure out a way to get them on TV; but until then - the Sun Belt looks to be getting better exposure then the MWC/TCU at this time.  A lot of those games that were previously on ESPN-Regional are now making their ways to ESPNU - which is being added to a ton of cable affiliates each week, has already been added to Direct TV and will be added to Dish Network by the time football season rolls around.  CSTV on the other hand is only available in certain markets (mostly in Western Coast cities) and is running at about $12.99 a month for the cities that can subscribe to it.  Only one of the dish companies has picked it up so far and they are also charging an extra $13 bucks a month for that one channel alone.  The real "value" of that whole MWC/CSTV deal was for CSTV to buy that network space of which we can see that they are not even coming CLOSE to living up to their end of the bargain.

Stebo, are you sure that Dish Network has CSTV, I didn't find anything on the Dish or CSTV website about them even having CSTV on Dish. I know that Directv has both CSTV and ESPNU, but both are on their sports tier which I think is 5-10 bucks more a month. ESPNU is still lacking in cable providers that carry it. I think Adelphia is still one of the only major cable providers that has a deal in place and is actually running ESPNU. I know that Time Warner,Charter, and Comcast, which are three big providers in this country, have yet to add ESPNU to any of their lineups.

I think that once CSTV gets it's subscription base up, it won't be such a bad deal for the MWC, but yes as of now, it's not that great. The only advantage they have as of now to be on CSTV is that they are the main focus for football on that network. ESPNU will also be good for the Sun Belt, but like the MWC deal, they won't really help the exposure of the conference until the subscriber base is upped. But I am hoping with the ESPNU/Sun Belt deal that games that were going to be on ESPN Regional would be similcasted on ESPNU since if they weren't you lose much of the DFW market area that can watch the game over the air.

When does the SBC TV schedule come out?  If they have found a better game to televise than the NT/MT game on September 10'th, I'd like to know just who that would be.

The Sun Belt tv schedule will probably come around mid to late July just like the last few years. The game time for the NT/MT game has been set for a 6 pm kickoff, which is the timeslot that the ESPN+ Sun Belt games start at so I would imagine that game will be run on ESPN+/ESPN Regional.