denton baseball

taynt7

yeah they are playing on the renovated field now and i think use whatever we build in the future.

It is my understanding that the Outlaws will be the ones funding/building the stadium. NT will own the land and more then likely, maintain the facility once it is built.

I've heard other things about NT creating the baseball team, but I don't trust the source and don't want to start any unfounded rumors.

Edited by UNTFan23

So, did they just make renovations to the old Liberty Christian field, or what?  There was no mention of a new baseball stadium on their website...does that mean it may be a long time coming? sad.gif

Yes, they were going to make $100,000 worth of renovations to the Liberty Christian field but that deal and sponsor fell apart at the last minute. They did make some changes to the field which BTW will be changed again after their season to become the UNT Softball stadium. As for the new baseball stadium, last word was construction was pushed to later this year after more fundraising and is to open next summer. But, I'll believe that when I see ground broken, or even survey flags go up. <_<