The locked Byerly Thread

eleazar

That was the mini May mester. Summer I is in progress as we speak.

But it was the first summer term. It's all technically speaking of course.

See, they changed the titles of everything. I know because my wife worked in student accounting and she had to make documents showing the changes so that the workers could follow along in EIS. The name changes are shown on the website that I linked.

There is no longer a summer I and II - those are 5w1 and 5w2, and summer refers to the "whole" summer.

Point being, it is entirely possible, though unlikely, that Byerly did fail classes in the summer already.

Well, if our designated starting QB is not elgible, guess we have Meager to go with and I think Byerly only has 12 snaps in D1-A experience ahead of Meager OR............we have 3 true frosh' coming in who have QB experience in HS if the others waiting in the wings are not effective. They were all 3 recruited as athletes and recruiting service guru/Texas Football contributing writer Randy Rodgers says all 3 were excellent athletes to boot. Seems we had a player a few years ago named Scott Hall with similar attributes and didn't he start as a freshman and didn't that team go to a bowl? Didn't NT beat the CUSA champion in the New Orleans Bowl with another freshman QB, too?

All is not lost if we have lost Byerly, folks, because we still have a couple of pretty good running backs coming back this Fall. rolleyes.gif

A very high and reliable source told me Byerly should be OK with his elgibility by the end of summer classes, but I guess all that is really in the hands of Byerly himself, now isn't it?

Losing a player because of elgibility problems is like losing a player to injury, it is something that just happens in college football. Most college teams always seem to adapt, though.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

5W1 isn't over yet. If he failed anything, it's the the 3 week (3W1, I think it's called) session.

However, I've been told that he failed classes during the spring and that's what's killing his GPA. Depending on the NCAA rules for summer classes and the GPA, he may be able to play, but I don't know the rules on that.

Also, forgot to mention that the only other possibility of him "failing" in the summer aside from the 3w1, is if he has already got a WF for the 8W1 session which is in progress, or a WF for 5w1(formerly known as summer 1).

I am not trying to stir the pot, rather show the possibility. In my heart, I don't think it is true, however, I would also like to know the rules of the NCAA regarding summer classes.

Either way, we'll be fine at QB for the reasons that Plumm mentioned. We do have options.