CAW???

SilverEagle

In the edge (I guess it's a tab area) of each of the pages in the North Texas section of Texas Football, there is a picture of North Texas students who are painted green. Now, I am SOOOOOO grateful to see that the students care enough about school spirit that they will paint themselves, and mug for the camera.

However, the most visable student has the word "CAW" painted on his chest. The last time I heard, only crows go "CAW".

How embarrassing. blink.gif

Edited by SilverEagle

On top of which.. shouldn't it be spelled Kaw... not Caw

nope...from m-w.com:

3 entries found for caw.

caw Audio pronunciation of "caw" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kô)

n.

The hoarse raucous sound that is characteristic of a crow or similar bird.

3 entries found for kaw.

Kan·sa Audio pronunciation of "kaw" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (knz, -s)

n. pl. Kansa or Kan·sas In both senses also called Kaw.

1. A Native American people formerly inhabiting eastern and central Kansas, with a present-day population in eastern Oklahoma.

2. A member of this people.

2. The Siouan language of the Kansa.

it's caw

well i think Kaw looks much better than Caw. So, those who use caw can kiss my big, white butt!

Besides.. i think the letter c is the most pointless letter in the alphabet. The letter K can make the hard C sounds and the letter S can make the soft sounds. There is absolutely no need for the letter c. Except for when it is used for CH.... but most languages have a letter already for the CH sound. Therefore, we should do away with C and create a new letter that makes the CH sound. the end

well i think Kaw looks much better than Caw.  So, those who use caw can kiss my big, white butt!

Besides.. i think the letter c is the most pointless letter in the alphabet.  The letter K can make the hard C sounds and the letter S can make the soft sounds.  There is absolutely no need for the letter c.  Except for when it is used for CH.... but most languages have a letter already for the CH sound.  Therefore, we should do away with C and create a new letter that makes the CH sound.  the end

There are many aspects of the English alphabet that make our language very paradoxical. It's no secret that our language is very hard to learn for foreigners.

C is one of them, and I believe we can attribute its longetivity to the Italian influence on our language. Just go to an Italian resturaunt, look at the menu and see all the different ways you can thank them for the use of C.

A more recent example that I can't get out of my head is the latest Jack-in-the-Box commercial for the Ciabatta Sandwich. For those of you who haven't seen it (pretty funny clip), it's pronounced chuh-bah-duh, with all short-sounding vowels and the accent given to the "bah" part.

-gm

Edited by greenminer

However, the most visable student has the word "CAW" painted on his chest. The last time I heard, only crows go "CAW". 

How embarrassing.  blink.gif

In the student's defense, one of the cheers I learned while attending football games was the "AAAHHHHHH CAW!" cheer we did at kickoff... Although, I'm not sure what possessed them to paint it on themselves... ::shrug::

In the student's defense, one of the cheers I learned while attending football games was the "AAAHHHHHH CAW!" cheer we did at kickoff... Although, I'm not sure what possessed them to paint it on themselves... ::shrug::

Is that what they've been saying all this time?

how komical ph34r.gif

Edited by greenminer