WR #86 85 overall Cory McKinney

MUTS

DT #92 85 overall Jeff Littlejohn

HB #20 85 overall Eugene Gross

QB #17 82 overall Clint Marks

Troy

ROLB #27 86 overall Bernard Davis

CB #8 84 overall Johnny Faulk

QB #12 78 overall D.T. McDowell (whoops!)

UL Lafayette

QB #15 86 overall Jerry Babb

WR #80 85 overall Bill Sampy

CB #2 76 overall Michael Adams

UL Monroe

WR #18 86 overall Drouzon Quillen

LE #99 85 overall Alnecco Shine

QB #15 85 overall Steven Jyles

Edited by illuvius32

When they limit impact players to three, and Johnny Quinn is not an impact player on anyone's list, whomever put that togeter has no credibility with me.

To me it speaks volumes about how far the team depth has come. One of the best receivers to come thourhg UNT gets buried behind "some running backs."

Out of curiosity, how would you rank Quinn ahead of the 03 or 04 rushing champions? In a run oriented offense?

To me it speaks volumes about how far the team depth has come. One of the best receivers to come thourhg UNT gets buried behind "some running backs."

Out of curiosity, how would you rank Quinn ahead of the 03 or 04 rushing champions? In a run oriented offense?

Obviously, I couldn't rank him ahead of two rushing champions but he would/should be a strong third on MY list of impact players. He averages about a touchdown a game (round up ala Jim Plummer) and draws double coverage all of the time.

If I had to pick just three, he would be my third over Covington. But my point is how can you say that there are three impact players on each team? Some may have five or six, others none or one.

A player who is a threat to pick up a first down at any time and changes defenses is an impact player in my book. I think that it's much harder to be an impact player on defense because defenses are coordianated. The 'impact' player usually has runs or passes away from his area. I don't see that many in the Sun Belt, especially, that command that kind of respect.

This is nothing against Covington. I do think that he is/can be an impact player. He deserves recognition but not to the exclusion of Johnny Quinn.

Obviously, I couldn't rank him ahead of two rushing champions but he would/should be a strong third on MY list of impact players. He averages about a touchdown a game (round up ala Jim Plummer) and draws double coverage all of the time.

If I had to pick just three, he would be my third over Covington. But my point is how can you say that there are three impact players on each team? Some may have five or six, others none or one.

A player who is a threat to pick up a first down at any time and changes defenses is an impact player in my book. I think that it's much harder to be an impact player on defense because defenses are coordianated. The 'impact' player usually has runs or passes away from his area. I don't see that many in the Sun Belt, especially, that command that kind of respect.

This is nothing against Covington. I do think that he is/can be an impact player. He deserves recognition but not to the exclusion of Johnny Quinn.

Dude...I think this is just the Top Three, and does not imply that they are the ONLY three. Yes, some teams may actually have 4,5, or 6 Impact Players.

Conversely, some teams may only have 1...so listing 3 is pure-D crap! rolleyes.gif

It's not that big of an issue- while it's not the same as an impact player label, you can always boost JQ's stats prior to starting a dynasty.

And by the way- am I the only one dismayed by the fact this game doesn't look like it'll be on the Cube this year? It's odd since Madden isn't going anywhere. I'll also let everyone know I'm not looking forward to the loadtimes on my PS2, either. I guess the purchase of Geist or Killer7 for the Cube will make me somewhat happier.

It's not that big of an issue- while it's not the same as an impact player label, you can always boost JQ's stats prior to starting a dynasty.

And by the way- am I the only one dismayed by the fact this game doesn't look like it'll be on the Cube this year? It's odd since Madden isn't going anywhere. I'll also let everyone know I'm not looking forward to the loadtimes on my PS2, either. I guess the purchase of Geist or Killer7 for the Cube will make me somewhat happier.

i have all three ststems, andam going to get a free xbox 360 from a website(same as ipod site)

Really,you should just get an xbox,the games are way better.

The Xbox is being replaced really soon, so grabbing a 3rd system is a waste right now, and the games I liked on the Xbox I already have on my PC.

The Xbox does have other quality games on it, like Fable and Jade Empire, but I won't say much about Halo and Halo2. Having played through both, I found them to be vastly overrated.

I'll also not go and grab whatever comes out first with the next 3 systems or just buy whatever system gets the most hype. I know people who wish they'd gotten a PS2/Xbox/Cube when they realized games they wanted wouldn't be on it.

where does one find this information?

mostly on utopiafootball.com, because they post information just about the second it becomes available.

However, in the interest of saving time, feel free to post questions you may have about the game. I've been reading it closely for a few months, and I can give you the skinny on just about anything you'd like to know.

thats cool, i just would like to see a list of players and their ratings, cause as soon as i get the game i go and change just about everybody on every team to make it more accurate, just thought i'd get a head start this year. i get bored a lot.

Xbox is this fall/winter, PS3 is Q1 2006, Nintendo Revolution is...Q2 or 3 2006 I believe.

I'd wait until at least 2 months after the PS3 release- this gives Sony and MS time to really get some good releases out and give you a good idea of what each console has to offer. I'd make some comment on the Nintendo Revolution, but as usual, the big N is keeping it's lid tight on any information.

jamo and cobbs at 90 is solid, although i think jamario would be a little closer to a 94 or so

Jmo at 90 as a sophomore is way higher than I expected. I think they knocked Cobbs a bit this year. I seem to remember him as a 92 overall in '05. I'll verify this when I get home from work. cool.gif