Silver Lining?

JT Hammons

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

Why?

We have gone to a conference championship game twice and got murdered both times. 

We have a winning percentage of less than 40% since we became a FBS program...in 1995.

Expecting this is just not reasonable. Hell, getting to 6 wins in a season has only happened 8 times here in the previous 29 seasons.

My point was to say, if we continue to be OK with these results and moral victories, we will get nowhere. 

• Thanks 1

We're 5-1, enjoy the ride man...we're 5-2 in forever, stop bitchin'....5-3 is still above .500, we should be happy with that.

Look, no one is giving up.  Everyone here has green blood running through their veins.  We all want our team, our coaches and our players to be successful.  The team definitely has some fight in them.

The last HC had taken us as far as he could and it would take a new regime to get us to the next level and not repeat the mistakes of the past.  It was not a rebuild.  It was upward from where we were.  That was the promise.  Unfortunately the warning signs started to show up and have been flashing red for the last season and a half.  Morris/Morris is the current version of Littrell/Fine. 

So I think what you are hearing is a lot of Mean Green anxiety coming to the surface with the realization that it's potentially happening all over again.

Edited by keith
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Big Z said:

You don't get it man

People on this forum are majority the hardcore UNT fans that we do have, nobody is turning their noses up. But don't sit there and tell me you don't get infuriated when your team is on national tv and it's always a poor showing. Or to watch them get kicked around on defense because we have DC who doesn't know what he is doing. 

Then you see other programs out there that do way more than us with so much less...sometimes to the point where they get nationally ranked.

UNT moved up to a new conference because of what reason...."We want more competition" or "We want more exposure"....well as a fan you should expect more. 

I hate the way the NCAA lets NIL run with no rules or regulations. Unfortunately, until the system changes or we find some big money donors, our programs in football and basketball will be on a year to year basis. We won't be able to keep talented athletes and will constantly have to try to grab players that couldn't play at power 5 schools or are D2 players wanting to play up. This is not a recipe for sustainable success against bigger programs with $$$$. Army and Navy are the exceptions this year and I think it is great what they have been able to do but you see what Notre Dame did to the Midshipmen this past weekend. Coaching can take you only so far. UTSA had Harris for 8 years and now they are back in the bottom of the conference. I want us to win every game, but I understand that it isn't a level playing field right now.