****OFFICIAL TULANE VS UNT IN-GAME DISCUSSION****

Coach Andy Mac

11 hours ago, Son Of A Flying Worm said:

Watched the game from Section 105. They will almost certainly change the defensive coordinator after the season. That's fine. However, the difference in size, skill, and athleticism was jarring between Tulane's offense and our defense. An upgrade in coaching won't close the gap that much. Need to develop and get better players to be competitive against good offenses. Hope that Jayden Hill and others can come back for Army.

This is the whole ‘chicken and egg’ argument, for me.   To attract the bigger, stronger, better players, you have to win….consistently.   To win consistently, it helps to have bigger, stronger, better players. 

How does it get fixed? I have no idea.   But it’s the biggest challenge outside of NIL that I see for this program.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Green with Envy said:

This is the whole ‘chicken and egg’ argument, for me.   To attract the bigger, stronger, better players, you have to win….consistently.   To win consistently, it helps to have bigger, stronger, better players. 

How does it get fixed? I have no idea.   But it’s the biggest challenge outside of NIL that I see for this program.  

Well if we had more NIL money to spend we could get all kinds of good players.  Why can’t we raise more football NIL money should be the logical question.

36 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

Well if we had more NIL money to spend we could get all kinds of good players.  Why can’t we raise more football NIL money should be the logical question.

I think the argument is much of the same.   Win ➡️ NIL.   NIL ➡️ Win.  

By and large, our alumni base does not have deep pockets.   Sure, there is money out there, but the per capita has to be low.  

Given the history of this program, if you were a potential wealthy doner, would you write a fat check?   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, cousin oliver said:

As someone mentioned before, our staffers are making hundreds of thousands of dollars (some millions), but we’re ultimately responsible as fans? After we pay them, do they become loyal to UNT? Will they be staying for at least two years? 
I know NIL is the business nowadays, but not all agree on this. I’d rather spend money on facilities to make sure we have one of the better ones around. That way everyone benefits instead of seeing all that $$$ disappear after one season. If you get great facilities, I’m sure that’s a recruiting tool in itself. Just my thoughts. 

• Upvote 2

Tulane won the Cotton Bowl just two years ago. Of course they will have more talent and size than a program that is new to the AAC and has been a very mediocre to bad program for most of the last 30 years.

What has been difficult to understand isn’t being undersized and outskilled by UH, SMU, Tulane, Memphis, or UAB…it’s been watching UTSA and Texas State build up programs that are better than us. That’s what is inexcusable and even if UTSA falls back to below our level again, they’ve shown they can be MUCH higher as a program than we can be…and we’ve played football about 100 years longer than them.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

Tulane won the Cotton Bowl just two years ago. Of course they will have more talent and size than a program that is new to the AAC and has been a very mediocre to bad program for most of the last 30 years.

What has been difficult to understand isn’t being undersized and outskilled by UH, SMU, Tulane, Memphis, or UAB…it’s been watching UTSA and Texas State build up programs that are better than us. That’s what is inexcusable and even if UTSA falls back to below our level again, they’ve shown they can be MUCH higher as a program than we can be…and we’ve played football about 100 years longer than them.

I agree with everything you said except the part about Texas St being better than us.

• Upvote 1