****OFFICIAL TULANE VS UNT IN-GAME DISCUSSION****

21 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

The last 13 points were when the game was over. Those last 2 drives were like hitting a solo home run in the 8th down 9-1. 

Defense gave up 8 yards a play. 6 on the ground alone. We were never ever going to win that game no matter what the offense did. 

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenMat said:

Because we choose to drink the green kool-aid! We have to believe or no one will.

For the record I'd like to note I was anti-kool-aid all off season. With the record last year, keeping the worst DC, and all the turn over what evidence was there that we would be improved this year? I'll never get people getting gassed up without seeing a down of football, and nothing to go off of.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

For the record I'd like to note I was anti-kool-aid all off season. With the record last year, keeping the worst DC, and all the turn over what evidence was there that we would be improved this year? I'll never get people getting gassed up without seeing a down of football, and nothing to go off of.

Because if I don't believe, I don't go to games. If I don't go to games, I never come back to UNT or travel for a road game. If I don't interact with the university ever, why should I donate to academic scholarships, buy a UNT polo to wear to work on Fridays, or watch the game at a bar when it's on TV?

I sort of care about the football. I really care about the culture and making UNT better overall. They are linked together.

• Upvote 3

We're not going to beat Army but if we can keep Morris from getting killed we will win our last three games and go 8-4. After last season, that is progress. Those of you who will cry that we didn't beat a winning team seem to forget that we only won 5 games last year and lost 77 players. We need to make a change at defensive coordinator next year and go after some size on that side of the ball. Not sure what people expected going into this season but I think 8-4 would be a damn good season. Who knows how many of our offensive players will leave in the portal. The playing field isn't level. Just get through the Army game healthy. UTSA is playing better. That will be the most important game of our season. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Every 3rd person in Hub Club is saying "well I think we're leaving at half time"

Why would they not? I was one of them. No confidence in this team and it is founded.

1 hour ago, Green Otaku said:

This is exactly why I pay very little attention to off season rankings, player transfers, etc. Final product and on the field results is what matters.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenMat said:

Because if I don't believe, I don't go to games. If I don't go to games, I never come back to UNT or travel for a road game. If I don't interact with the university ever, why should I donate to academic scholarships, buy a UNT polo to wear to work on Fridays, or watch the game at a bar when it's on TV?

I sort of care about the football. I really care about the culture and making UNT better overall. They are linked together.

I don't ever believe we are magically going to be better, the odds are very slim. That's just reality, it shouldn't stop you from doing those other things.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, akriesman said:

Defense just can't stop a decent offense.  Until we get an average defense (with some size ?), we won't be beating the better teams.

I'm late to the discussion,  but my observations are this. 

We have no running game

We are too small and too slow on defense

We may be the lowest IQ team in the country and I blame that on E. Morris. We're not good enough on defense to be continually give a good team a short field to work with. Too much pressure on C. Morris to score on every possession. Sometimes you have to take the field goal instead of going for it on 4th and long and come up empty handed over and over. We give up so much and just make it easy on the other team. A team will take on the characteristics of its coach. In this case, dumb. E. Morris, if you don't trust your defense, take it over yourself,  fire the DC an put someone else in charge, cause this ain't working.

• Upvote 5

Another MEAN GREEN lost opportunity.

Army will be a long game for the Defense. Would of thought we'd win one of these three. Don't get comfortable with winning in San Antonio. 

Disappointing....but I once again set myself up.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hunter Green said:

I'm late to the discussion,  but my observations are this. 

We have no running game

We are too small and too slow on defense

We may be the lowest IQ team in the country and I blame that on E. Morris. We're not good enough on defense to be continually give a good team a short field to work with. Too much pressure on C. Morris to score on every possession. Sometimes you have to take the field goal instead of going for it on 4th and long and come up empty handed over and over. We give up so much and just make it easy on the other team. A team will take on the characteristics of its coach. In this case, dumb. E. Morris, if you don't trust your defense, take it over yourself,  fire the DC an put someone else in charge, cause this ain't working.

We need to find a DC who is experienced and can run the show on that side of the ball. Let Morris continue to focus on the offense but we need someone with experience and then we also need a total organizational effort to improve the recruiting on the defensive side of the ball.

A new DC isn't the total answer. Buddy Ryan, in his prime.....would have a tough time having a good D....with this offense that Eric runs.

It doesn't value time possession. It doesn't value field position. It believes in way too much gambling.

Maybe this is why Air Raid offenses.....tend to never have good defenses. 

So until you change some of your offensive philosophy.....you're never gonna have a good defense. Because this offense thwarts that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1