****OFFICIAL TULANE VS UNT IN-GAME DISCUSSION****

23 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I'm not sure which Analytics sheet Morris is following that he's always talking about, but he needs to get a new freaking sheet. Missing too many opportunities to put points on the board early in games and then having to make stupid ass calls in the later part of the game to try and score.

This was an unexplainable call and simply stupid. You don’t go for two when you don’t even need it. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, 97and03 said:

This was an unexplainable call and simply stupid. You don’t go for two when you don’t even need it. 

I don't question Morris's abilities on the offensive side of the ball, and at times, we make some incredible play calls, but then, at times, we make play calls that are hard to understand.

• Upvote 4

Just now, TheColonyEagle said:

I’m not sure why so many people thought we would beat Tulane. Their 2 loses are by 1 score to ranked opponents. They are so much better than us. Very well coached team. 

Other than our hope and Thick Green glasses, did anyone really think we would beat Memphis, Tulane, and Army?

• RV 2

1 minute ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I’m not sure why so many people thought we would beat Tulane. Their 2 loses are by 1 score to ranked opponents. They are so much better than us. Very well coached team. 

The final score is pretty much in line with what I was expecting, it was the fact that we weren't really in this game is what bothers me.

• Upvote 3

Just now, SUMG said:

Eric can gripe about attendance....but gotta say, he doesn't help things.

The shitshow at TTech hurt our attendance at the Wyoming game.

Losing to Memphis.....hurt our attendance today.

And losing today......will hurt our attendance against Army. 

And btw.....his other Head Coaching job was at Incarnate Word.....where they averaged about 3,000 fans a game. 

JM, But remember we're not supposed to question, only to do what is asked of us and be happy with the results we get. Seems, as of late, our athletic director wants to put more blame on the fan base than he does on the results on the field.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I’m not sure why so many people thought we would beat Tulane. Their 2 loses are by 1 score to ranked KState and @ OU. They are so much better than us. Very well coached team. 

Because we choose to drink the green kool-aid! We have to believe or no one will.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

The final score is pretty much in line with what I was expecting, it was the fact that we weren't really in this game is what bothers me.

Sadly, this is one of those cases where the score was not nearly as close as it indicated. We got our asses handed to us after being out-coached and outplayed.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I’m not sure why so many people thought we would beat Tulane. Their 2 loses are by 1 score to ranked KState and @ OU. They are so much better than us. Very well coached team

Where do we get one of these?

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, TheColonyEagle said:

image.png.eca0da05ce2c1c90aa7012d93ee6b204.png

That offensive guru resume is getting stronger.

There was an article about him last week if you'll remember...

Hopefully, it will get strong enough that we can actually have two quarterbacks with the college experience at the same time. But as mentioned earlier, why would someone want to come here if they're not compensating start when Morris does not seem to want to allow backups to get experience?

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I don't question Morris's abilities on the offensive side of the ball, and at times, we make some incredible play calls, but then, at times, we make play calls that are hard to understand.

I’m not gonna question 37 points against a top 25 defense. I will question the 45 points given up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

I’m not gonna question 37 points against a top 25 defense. I will question the 45 points given up. 

Tulane had TD drives of 44, 28, and 11. In every instance, you can blame the offense and/or special teams for that field positioning. Two of those caused by fumbles where we would have had the ball or had the ball and, with a "top 3 offense," could have gone down to score. We really blaming the defense for that crap?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

When Tulane's (or whoever's) offense is frequently given a short field, the blame for points given up doesn't lie on the defense alone.

I don’t think we blame the defense solely. They are a major problem, yes, but the coaching philosophy and ideals entirely put us in a lot of bad situations. We don’t have the recruits and talent to be able to pull things off, yet coaching seems to place us in I’ll-advised conditions often. 

• Upvote 1