****OFFICIAL TULANE VS UNT IN-GAME DISCUSSION****

I don’t know what else better demonstrates the defense under Caponi than Tulane’s last drive before halftime.  Coming off an interception and in a game where they’ve run the ball at will, the entire stadium and tv watching world KNOWS Tulane is going to run the ball.  What do we do?  We come out with 6 defensive backs.  Obviously.  Tulane runs two running plays that each go for over 20.

Enough is enough.

Edited by TIgreen01
  • Upvote 7

24 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

I don’t know what else better demonstrates the defense under Caponi than Tulane’s last drive before halftime.  Coming off an interception and in a game where they’ve run the ball at will, the entire stadium and tv watching world KNOWS Tulane is going to run the ball.  What do we do?  We come out with 6 defensive backs.  Obviously.  Tulane runs two running plays that each go for over 20.

Enough is enough.

When this happens week after week we know what Caponi is. So why are we surprised or pissed off when this happens week after week against quality competition. We have some games against bottom feeder teams and we all put our green glasses on.

The continuation of this happening is 100% on Morris. I'm tired of hearing the crap while making change during mid-season. Maybe you send a freaking message out to people that you're not going to accept crap play.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

I'll go ahead and say this now: Kinda sorta playing better in the 2nd half (if it happens) is not a moral victory or any positive sign.  It's just another massively disappointing loss.

Correct…if they were playing touch football 

4 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

When this happens week after week we know what Caponi is. So why are we surprised or pissed off when this happens week after week against quality competition. We have some games against bottom feeder teams and we all put our green glasses on.

The continuation of this happening is 100% on Morrie. I'm tired of hearing the crap while making change during mid-season. Maybe you send a freaking message out to people that you're not going to accept crap play.

I think he’s still surprising me after what I just saw.  I mean…I expect him to run his favored 3-3-5.  I’d hope for a 3-4 or a 4-4 in that scenario.  But a 3-2-6?!  What the actual ….

Edited by TIgreen01
  • Upvote 1

Just now, TIgreen01 said:

I think he’s still surprising me after what I just saw.  I mean…at least run your favorite 3-3-5…but a 3-2-6?!  What the actual ….

Does anything actually surprise you with our defense? The main thing that keeps surprising me is that we have some people that will continue to jump up to defend it. Be the hell out of me but it seems like some people that claim to be North Texas fans would really love to see us never succeed at the highest level.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Does anything actually surprise you with our defense? The main thing that keeps surprising me is that we have some people that will continue to jump up to defend it. Be the hell out of me but it seems like some people that claim to be North Texas fans would really love to see us never succeed at the highest level.

I don't.  I know what we have.  I expect it.  But again, Morris doesn't focus on anything but play calling and his offense.  He simply believes he can outscore anything the other team does and in the end, who cares what the defense does.

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1

4 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I’m too old to be naive, but I do still get surprised.  Maybe flabbergasted is a better word.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Hot garbage. We still likely go 7-5 or even 8-4 and that will be fine for most fans and definitely for the administration. But we traded Littrell for peppy Littrell. 

8-4 and 5th in conference.  Probably.  That's crazy.

But -- oh yeah -- I'm not allowed to have an opinion since I don't bribe a player.

• Upvote 4