Should Caponi be fired at the end of the season?

Jonnyeagle

Should Caponi be fired at the end of the season?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should Caponi be fired at the end of the season?

• Yes
    • No

At this point, we are halfway through the season. Doesn't that mean we will only owe him half his salary if we fire him? I don't know how those contracts work but if that is the case, we should owe him just under $225k. If we can't afford to pay him $225K to go away, then we have another problem too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Venson said:

At this point, we are halfway through the season. Doesn't that mean we will only owe him half his salary if we fire him? I don't know how those contracts work but if that is the case, we should owe him just under $225k. If we can't afford to pay him $225K to go away, then we have another problem too.

Money shouldn’t play into a decision at all.   He’s owed 225 (or 475, whatever) whether he is here or not not.   If he’s gone, they will interim-replace from within for the rest of the season, not hire from outside.  No added cost.  

Edited by Green with Envy
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Venson said:

I am with you.  Mosley needs to get some big donors and eat the rest of his deal.  He has single handedly destroyed what could have been a remarkable season historically speaking.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Venson said:

No, the very point of contracts is you owe the entirety of the amount whether you keep him or fire him.  So $475k for this season.

• Upvote 1

Once Caponi is gone, will Mosley still allow Morris to spend more on a DC than all the other G programs? If so, then we should be able to poach away one of the better G conference defensive coordinators. 

Could we lure away the DC from a Boise, Tulane, UNLV, or JMU? Just wondering what the board thinks.

• Skeptical Eagle 1

12 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Once Caponi is gone, will Mosley still allow Morris to spend more on a DC than all the other G programs? If so, then we should be able to poach away one of the better G conference defensive coordinators. 

Could we lure away the DC from a Boise, Tulane, UNLV, or JMU? Just wondering what the board thinks.

I trust that Mosley will be better at price control next time.  Only skins on the wall will garner top G money.  

20 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

I listed a few programs on the wish list thread. La Tech, UL-LA, JMU, and ULM all have top 50 defenses. I would love to take their defensive staffs next year.