Should Caponi be fired at the end of the season?

Should Caponi be fired at the end of the season?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should Caponi be fired at the end of the season?

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, untbowler said:

only way Caponi even has a chnace of staying if he switches to more of a 4/3 and manages to hold teams to under 30 pts a game in the last 5 games, to get into the Top 100 defenses. 

This and I dislike the poll.  Should we fire him today would be a valid poll.  Not should we fire him at the end of the season.  What if we have a miraculous 180 and become a top 10 defense the second half of the year...but I already voted to fire him.  Guess he's gotta go cause I said so at mid-season.  🙂

The defense is bad.  It's losing us games we should otherwise win.  It's obvious to both the technical football film geeks, the completely unaware Swifty types, and pretty much anyone who just glances at a final score.  No need for a poll.  Something's gotta give.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, NWKGREEN said:

Going for it on 4th down in our own territory is not helping the defense. Putting them in some no win situations several times when could punt and play field position.  Not all points are on the defense in my opinion. 

Maybe if they didn't allow scores on like the first 3 or 4 possesions the offense could be aggressive like this. It's a double edged sword.

It is more than just the defensive scheme. I don't think we went out and got the defensive talent we needed to be successful. The tackling is poor and we don't have enough size and strength on the D-line and at LB.  Part of that is coaching and part is talent evaluation. I agree that we need a different voice and approach on the defensive side of the ball next year.  I fail to see how firing him now would make anything better. Hopefully the young guys will start playing better as they gain experience this year. Again, I think Morris will find a new defensive coordinator next year.