DT NIL

GMG_Dallas

18 hours ago, RBP79 said:

Got a little ego going on......

In this day and age, "a little ego going on" is a good thing when talking about WRs & DBs. Those two positions require elite skills and abilities to play well. When you're breaking off not one, but TWO, 75-yard scores, you're allowed to talk and promote yourself. 

Regarding asking for NIL dollars during the season, like it or not, this is the new college football landscape. You know how the saying goes... Don't hate the player, hate the game.

• Upvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

All this is a product of the system--by all means, hate what NIL has done to college sports.  But I can't blame DT for trying to play the game he was placed in the middle of.  He's not asking for NIL opportunities to play for a different program, as that one poster seems to infer; he's seeing what NIL opportunities he can find while playing for North Texas.

At least for now.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

He's not asking for NIL opportunities to play for a different program, as that one poster seems to infer; he's seeing what NIL opportunities he can find while playing for North Texas.

At least for now.

That's some straight grade-A street copium.  You know he's gold mining. I don't blame him. I hate it, but that's the world today. 

He needs to be smarter and do it closer to off season.  If I was coach I'd probably sit his ass for a game to get him back on board. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

2 hours ago, NTPoonKing said:

I'm actually fine with this.  Dude is awesome. 

Same with Chandler.  Need to do whatever it takes to keep them both.

Both players are great and I hope they stay.  They could become legacy players for the program... if they stay and we find a defense.  Or they can chase the $ with another team, and be forgotten by everybody, like most that have left.  

Being remembered has it's own perks and rewards!

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1