Arnold Palmer’s daughter reacts to Donald Trump’s references to her father

Here's a CBS 60 Minutes edit:

One of the late golf legend Arnold Palmer’s daughters, Peg Palmer Wears, 68, said her father “believed in the Republican Party.”

“A day doesn’t go by that I don’t think about what my father would say about something or what’s happening,” Wears said. “We didn’t always agree on all things, but he was a quintessential American who believed fervently in this country."

No photo description available.

Two incredible men that rose to greatness by being the absolute best compared to their competition.

Arnold Palmer gives his speech after recieving the Congressional Gold Medal on Wednesday during a ceremony at the U.S. Capitol.

In September 2012, the patriotic 83-year-old golf legend became just the sixth athlete to receive the Congressional Gold Medal during a ceremony in his honor in the Rotunda of the Capitol.

"I am very humbled," Palmer said.

The Congressional Gold Medal and the Presidential Medal of Freedom -- which Palmer received in 2004 -- are the highest civilian awards in the USA. The Congressional Gold Medal dates to the American Revolution. Each medal is created by the U.S. Mint individually to honor the individual and achievements for which the medal is awarded.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1