Reminder for Mean Green Fans

Frustrating loss! Really felt like it was winnable through the 3rd quarter and then Memphis got smart and went back to the run. Still drinking the green flavorade this morning, Tulane almost shit the bed against Rice this weekend, we can get these guys at home. 

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

The old timers on this board are never happy. We have turned the page and improved since last season. Has the defense improved, yes. Is it great, no. 

The offense is better with Chandler Morris at QB. The teams playing hard and bought in. We're one win away from being bowl eligible with a bunch of young guys. 

The future is bright. Smile a little, it's ok. 

Who are you calling Old Timers? 

I like Morris, and I would be really happy if we take one of the next two. We are getting better, and for once, we are really better. 

• Upvote 7

39 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

Who are you calling Old Timers? 

I like Morris, and I would be really happy if we take one of the next two. We are getting better, and for once, we are really better. 

Thanks for the acknowledgement.

Yep, the team needs our support right now. We can bitch and moan during the off-season.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Glory to the Green said:

Is Gabe Blair taking a redshirt?  I saw he ran scout team a few weeks back. 

Yeah I saw him on the sidelines in street clothes last game.  He is fine.  I think he is is close to 100% recovered and just saving himself for the portal and a bigger NIL offer.

• Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

I have to admit this one hurt almost as bad as last years Memphis loss which was very painful.

This is the thing. Even with "improvement", I would say we lost the game in a very similar fashion.

57 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

The old timers on this board are never happy. We have turned the page and improved since last season. Has the defense improved, yes. Is it great, no. 

The offense is better with Chandler Morris at QB. The teams playing hard and bought in. We're one win away from being bowl eligible with a bunch of young guys. 

The future is bright. Smile a little, it's ok. 

Yes, we have improved. We also improved under our previous coach. You know what has been about the same? The defense. We didn't really have one under SL and we don't have one now. 

What's the definition of insanity again?

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

46 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

It's not doing the same thing over and over and expecting the same result as people claim. Another funny thing, people often claim that Albert Einstein stated that quote. Which is apparently not true.

But since you asked, the definition is below.

The state of being seriously mentally ill; madness.Extreme foolishness or irrationality

For the few of us that became fans during the Todd Dodge era, we definitely fit this definition.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

This is the thing. Even with "improvement", I would say we lost the game in a very similar fashion.

Yes, we have improved. We also improved under our previous coach. You know what has been about the same? The defense. We didn't really have one under SL and we don't have one now. 

Insanity would have been keeping SL and expecting different results.

I, and others, have said it before:  SL was good for UNT, but it was time to move on.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, NT93 said:

Insanity would have been keeping SL and expecting different results.

I, and others, have said it before:  SL was good for UNT, but it was time to move on.

You are right, maybe it is better said that we seem to be doomed to repeat our mistakes. This team is taking an eerily similar path to SL's teams...