Next years team.

Sig381

17 minutes ago, Sig381 said:

With the movement every year. Who do yall think will stay and who will leave for money or opportunities? 

The negative boomers and Gen X posters on this board. The few remaining millennials and Gen Z fans that we have.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Eye Roll 2

32 minutes ago, Cooke County Kid said:

Coach Morris is probably going to get hired away as a G-4 offensive coordinator.  

P-4?

I guess if a big dog comes calling, maybe, but he was at a P-4 before he came to UNT so that seems kinda like going backwards.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, NT93 said:

P-4?

I guess if a big dog comes calling, maybe, but he was at a P-4 before he came to UNT so that seems kinda like going backwards.

Yes, he's been there, done that, and got the t-shirt. No reason to go for a coordinator position unless we let him go. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I'm hopeful someone cautions DT and any other players to be very careful with NIL promises. It's currently against the rules to get a signed NIL deal until AFTER you are on campus and then you can't transfer that year. The coach at UNLV readily admits that one of his assistants told that QB how much he'd get and the LATER said what the coach says doesn't really count - it's all up to the collectives who won't commit till you're registered and on campus! UGA and at least one other FBS school in the state of Georgia have "committed" to more NIL than they have money to pay. But the way the system is set up the players can't do anything about it. The NCAA says they are getting dozens of phone calls from players who transferred and found out the promised NIL wasn't there and often their scholarships weren't either! Caveat Lusor (Player beware!)

36 minutes ago, NT93 said:

No one is more anti NIL than me, but it seems like maybe he’s letting UNT area businesses know that he’s open to offers.  

There is nothing about this that is specific to Denton.  He's letting everything and everyone know. 

If you want to give him the benefit here, believe that he WANTS the NIL to step up in Denton so he can stay.  For the sake of consistency and not having to move.

Edited by greenminer

22 minutes ago, greenminer said:

There is nothing about this that is specific to Denton.  He's letting everything and everyone know. 

If you want to give him the benefit here, believe that he WANTS the NIL to step up in Denton so he can stay.  For the sake of consistency and not having to move.

The green and white hearts could be seen as sign that it’s UNT related.   Plus, no other school can give him NIL money now.

But, yes, I’m definitely giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 1