Defense - Someone Explain One Positive Attribute

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Stone Cold celebration is pretty neat. 

Good call. And I forgot that the man himself shouted us out on the sosch. So that’s 2 attributes.

I’ve been swiftly and comprehensively owned in this thread. F it - based on empirical evidence provided…Extend Caponi!!! 💪

45 minutes ago, aztecskin said:

They forced 7 punts, got the stop (FGA on a short field) to set up the offense for. a game-tying drive. 

Memphis was 38% on third down. 

So you’re saying we graded well?😉 When Memphis needed to move the ball, they did.  Their offense seemed to be better with some game pressure on them.

We badly need someone that can actually get home on a blitz, or at least get the Qb out of the pocket.  Shipley being out didn’t help.  Anyone know what’s going on there?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, aztecskin said:

But I also think this defense has progressed from Absolute Garbage to Can Get A Stop.

I think we are hyper focused on  our defense and unwilling to see some progress. 

….

They could have done much better, but I like that this defense is closer to an AAC title defense than it was last year. 

Against Tech and Memphis, the only two teams we’ve faced that have winning records, the defense was a liability.  I’d agree that we have progressed from last year, but last night they lost us the game.

To say that they are closer to a title defense is sarcasm, right?  Closer in terms of improving from absolute garbage to just plain garbage??

…and yeah, I know you were just trying to respond to the original post and are the only one following directions in this thread.  🙂. I’ll stop.

Edited by TIgreen01
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, aztecskin said:

I think we are hyper focused on  our defense and unwilling to see some progress. 

They could have done much better, but I like that this defense is closer to an AAC title defense than it was last year. 

Agree! We also need to focus on our special teams being a disaster in critical situations. Our historically bad defense keeps a critical eye off of them as well.

I appreciate your analytical approach - genuinely. I think you know that we pay at the TOP END of the G5 pay scale for this. I’m not looking for incremental progress from the worst defense I’ve ever seen in person in Year 2. And I sat through Ron Mendoza, so I’m battle hardened and scarred from shitty North Texas defenses.