Why today is so important

9 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

I vote that Colony Eagle gives the pre-game speech to the players. 

Hoo Rah!!!!!  Beat the hell out of Memphis!!!

I mean dammit…..

We have to take advantage of these opportunities !!!!!

Why not today?!?!?

Lets Go GIF by 80 For Brady

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

And I hope that the "rocking" you are referring to is the sound of the crowd and the Green Brigade, and not that relentless and deafening  thunkida, thunkida, thunkida that makes it sound like you wandered into a gay rave instead of a football game.

I don't like the music piped by the guy that should be known as DJ LP (short for Lame Poser) either. 

But you couldn't resist a an opportunity to take shot at "gay culture" or at least your perception of it?   Just say you hope the crowd is consistently louder than the offerings of DJ LP at our next home games.   Based on my beliefs LBGTQ+ community probably wouldn't call me a friend, ally or even tolerant but I don't relish being an A-hole towards them either.  I will let professional comedians/entertainers make jokes and defend them from "being cancelled".   But with these sorry unfunny, and unnecessary jokes referencing them when discussing a subject unrelated to them, I can see why some of them are way too sensative. 

But don't let me rain on your parade.  Keep making "jokes" that might run discourage younger more tolerant alumni and students from hanging out inside the stadium with older loyal Mean Green fans and alumni.  

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 8
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Watching Gameday. A lot of teams are still in the hunt. 3 teams from our conference are on that list. Tulane, Army, Navy. We get 2 of these the next 2 weeks at home. 

If we win today……we have a chance for a rocking stadium in Denton the next 2 weeks. A stadium that can be a home field advantage when it’s full. We’ve all seen it. 

We have a chance for 2 monumental, program changing wins the next 2 weeks. We have a chance to get on that list of being in the hunt. I’m not saying we will make the playoff. But just being on that list puts us in a club….a club of teams that have substance nationally. Thats all we have wanted. 

It’s all there in front of us and for us to go take. 

It’s pretty simple. We win today. We’re in that conversation the next 2 weeks. We lose today, we’re not. 

I predict our stadium will not be rocking in two weeks (open week). 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

Today and next week are highly important because Army is gonna run the ball down our throats.

Today against 3-3 ECU, Army had:

56 rushes, 295 yards, 5.3 average, 5 tds, 56 long run

7/10 passes, 147 yards, 21 yard average, 1 td, 41 long pass 

They make you load the box against the run, then slam you for a long pass...

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Today against 3-3 ECU, Army had:

56 rushes, 295 yards, 5.3 average, 5 tds, 56 long run

7/10 passes, 147 yards, 21 yard average, 1 td, 41 long pass 

They make you load the box against the run, then slam you for a long pass...

We’re gonna have to match them TD for TD. Lots of pressure on our offense 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Watching Gameday. A lot of teams are still in the hunt. 3 teams from our conference are on that list. Tulane, Army, Navy. We get 2 of these the next 2 weeks at home. 

If we win today……we have a chance for a rocking stadium in Denton the next 2 weeks. A stadium that can be a home field advantage when it’s full. We’ve all seen it. 

We have a chance for 2 monumental, program changing wins the next 2 weeks. We have a chance to get on that list of being in the hunt. I’m not saying we will make the playoff. But just being on that list puts us in a club….a club of teams that have substance nationally. Thats all we have wanted. 

It’s all there in front of us and for us to go take. 

It’s pretty simple. We win today. We’re in that conversation the next 2 weeks. We lose today, we’re not. 

image.gif.e9c31fa770bf72abf010cd54b47cbeaf.gif

• Upvote 1

If ever there's a time to chug the kool-aid, let's do it.

I'm always the pessimistic guy,  trying to be realistic.

Give Caponi some Amphetamines

Slap the D's rears on the way out of the tunnel

Hook the red bulls right up to Morris's veins 

tumblr_9316166d66ecd0968072921d80674353_63442609_540.gif

• Upvote 3