How North Texas built the G5's best passing attack

VideoEagle

21 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

Indeed this is a great article and great video interview. 

HOWEVER the article and video are about Coach Morris and "C-4" (love that nickname), and not really North Texas. It was clear from the video interview that the ONLY reason "C4" is at North Texas is because Coach Morris is here. 

Nowhere is there any mention of either of them being impressed with, or even liking, the North Texas atmosphere, fan base, or even the culture in general.

To be fair, this is the case for a lot of athletes these days. Most are at some particular school because of the coach and the system he has installed.  But this is especially obvious to me in this article. 

Having said all this, I hope that Coach Morris and "C-4" are with us for another year.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2

43 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Nowhere is there any mention of either of them being impressed with, or even liking, the North Texas atmosphere, fan base, or even the culture in general.

To be fair, this is the case for a lot of athletes these days. Most are at some particular schools because of the coach and the system he has installed.  But this is especially obvious to me in this article. 

Having said all this, I hope that Coach Morris and "C-4" are with us for another year.

I was a student at NTSU when Hayden Fry had the program winning.  We were building fans, waking up Denton, and forming a culture with the new "Mean Green" marketing.  Basketball was also doing well with Bill Blakeley.  It was a fun time to be a student at games.

But then Iowa came and lured Coach Fry away.  We understood about his opportunity for a Big10 job and to go to a large, established program.  But it still hurt.  His replacement Jerry Moore soon took all the built-up excitement out of our program.  Losing a winning coach is a lot more difficult than seeing the 7-8 losing coaches in my time leave. 

Coach Fry was fond of his time at NT.  He told me so several years later and at an event honoring him and Coach Blakeley. We hired him right after he had been fired at Smut.  He came back to campus here several times.  Iowa named a street after him on their campus: "Hayden Fry Way".  

• Upvote 1