Memphis football announces game time, TV schedule for Oct. 19 game vs. North Texas

Memphis football's game against North Texas on Oct. 19 will kick off at 6:30 or 7 p.m., the schools announced Monday.

It will be televised on ESPNU or ESPN2. The official time and TV information will be announced after the Oct. 12 slate of games.

The matchup at Simmons Bank Liberty Stadium will be a rematch of a wild game in Denton last year. The Tigers jumped out to a 31-10 lead in that game before collapsing in the second half. The Mean Green took the lead with less than a minute to go, but Seth Henigan connected with Joe Scates for a long touchdown to give Memphis the win.

Link:  https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/2024/10/07/memphis-football-game-time-north-texas-seth-henigan-ryan-silverfield-tigers/75519293007/

• Upvote 3

You wanna' put butts in seats?
Here's the solution.

Beat FAU.
Play the Memphis game like the Arkansas game, instead of the TTech game.
Win the Tulane game.
The Army game will be a sellout.

Alternatively, play Memphis like TTech.
Lose to Tulane.
Watch Army run and throw all over us.

There'll be 10k or less at the rest of the games.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Is it common to put out a release with details that aren't set? Feels like they said a bunch of nothing. "The game will be at this time of that time on one of two channels, all of which will be determined next week."

I'd say it's pretty helpful for anybody that is traveling to the game.
There's a 30 minute unknown, but it let's people know if it's going to be a morning game or night one and can make lodging/flight plans accordingly.

The channel choice is really a non-factor.  Is there anybody that has ESPNU and not ESPN2 or vice versa?

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

There's a 30 minute unknown, but it let's people know if it's going to be a morning game or night one and can make lodging/flight plans accordingly.

The channel choice is really a non-factor.  Is there anybody that has ESPNU and not ESPN2 or vice versa?

Exactly. I am traveling with my family to the game, and this makes it easier to start planning the rest of the day now at least.

1 hour ago, meaniegreenie said:

Understandable why. Just had never noticed these kinds of statements put out until everything is set. Maybe I need to pay more attention.