UNT ranked #7 in Texas!

If we’re ranked #7, I would expect to be behind maybe TCU, Baylor, and Houston, but ahead of Sam Houston and Texas St.

Funny that the #15 team took the #4 team to overtime and that same #4 team beat the #7 team by 30.

13 minutes ago, yyz28 said:

Am I the only one struggling to understand the TX State ranking?

They lost to SHS by one and one of the Arizona schools by just a few so they are ranked about right . The 5.,6,&7 teams are pretty even. Getting stomped by Tech did us no favors.

• Upvote 1

DCTF -
Note: Teams are measured against the overall strength of their conference. 

2.tamu-826184844.png Texas A&M Aggies 5 - 1

• Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, wardly said:

They lost to SHS by one and one of the Arizona schools by just a few so they are ranked about right . The 5.,6,&7 teams are pretty even. Getting stomped by Tech did us no favors.

The tech game was definitely a perception nightmare.  We got caught in a momentum avalanche where 1 bad play led to another one, and another one. By the time we got out it was embarrassing.  That being said, I think that game affected both programs for the better.  Tech got a little bit of swagger back, and we were forced to admit we needed changes on defense.  

Let’s see how it plays out from here.  I believe that, even though it hasn’t been the strongest competition, our last 2 games have gotten the attention of our conference mates.  We aren’t “ sneaking up on anyone else this year.  

16 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Until we see this (new) defense against a competent defense, I am not sure we could beat anyone in that top 10. 

I don’t think we will ever see this defense against a competent defense.  That’s just not how football works.  😂😂😜😜

• Haha 1