If Tech steals Eric; should we give Dave Aranda a shot?

1 minute ago, 3_n_out said:

I do. I thought we were talking about hypotheticals of Tech hiring away EM. 

Wouldn’t Tech have to fire McGuire in order to hire EM?  

I could see this hypothetical if Tech were 1-4 or even later this season if things go south in Lubbock, but it’s a stupid hypothetical when Tech is 4-1.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dannymacfan said:

Just was thinking whilst watching this Baylor game and thinking they probably will fire him after this season and Joey is probably fired at Texas Tech.   Dave would be someone worth considering I think.

image.jpeg.71f8b13bceaa668edde02a1ae1cc019e.jpeg

Not in any way, shape, or form. Hell no.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, 3_n_out said:

That’s why it’s hypothetical 

Technically, yes, but knowing the history of the OP, I think it was intended as more or a realistic hypothetical.

But I’ll play along.  After Tech fires McGuire and hires Morris,  can we aim a little higher than the guy who just got fired at Baylor?

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, NT93 said:

After Tech fires McGuire and hires Morris,  can we aim a little higher than the guy who just got fired at Baylor?

Yes, please. Why do we always relegate UNT to thinking we just have to go after someone else’s failure? We need to find a Lance Leipold, in my opinion. Find a proven winner at a lower level.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, NT93 said:

Technically, yes, but knowing the history of the OP, I think it was intended as more or a realistic hypothetical.

But I’ll play along.  After Tech fires McGuire and hires Morris,  can we aim a little higher than the guy who just got fired at Baylor?

I definitely agree with that. We start getting our share from the AAC next season, albeit only 50% I believe. So, I’m excited for the new revenue stream and what we can do with that. 

• Upvote 1

Just saw a video on my Facebook feed on the history of Cam Ward and the trememdous impact Coach Morris has had on the kid. Right now he is a heisman candidate.I believe Coach has proven he  can definitely spot and develop qb talent. This is his proven reputation and should attract additional qb talent to UNT which is a must for us because of the NIL. Let him be known as the new qb guru. This is why I wanted hired.With success on the field he is 2-3 years more before leaving. Someone could offer him a ton of money to OC sooner but I think it would have to be a head coaching job.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

But remember some years ago that TT hired Jerry Moore away from us after 2 seasons with a record of 11-11.

That was an exceptionally weird hire, and it brought Tech the worst span of football in their history. Moore's team went 1-9-1 their first season in 1981 and they were 16-37-2 overall under him.

After that disaster ended in 1985 Moore then got hired as a head coach again by App State four years later when his lifetime coaching record was 27-48-2. The dude must be exceptionally good at job interviews. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 3_n_out said:

I do. I thought we were talking about hypotheticals of Tech hiring away EM. 

Wait! Isn't this the UNT football coach everyone wanted to fire before this season and after being blown out by Tech?  And isn't Tech 5& 1? Why don't we wait until we get past Memphis,Army,and Tulane  before we buy Morris a bus ticket out of Denton.

• Upvote 1