The Answer is Marketing....

Side.Show.Joe

24 minutes ago, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

So Milestone Electric is spending 500k on DFW marketing each month?  That is hard to believe.

I would love if this AD could send emails, yet along a postcard.

Not sure what Milestone Electric is paying for their monthly TV ad spend because we don't have enough information to make that determination. 

What has been discussed in this thread is placing a single UNT football TV ad across local news stations at or around primetime viewing hours, and airing those spots multiple times to saturation the market. Here are the local DFW stations that have the lion's share of viewership.

- KDFW: Fox 4

- KDAF: CW 33

- NBC 5: Dallas-FW

- WFAA: ABC

- KXTX: CBS

- KUVN-DT: Univision (if we we want to target the hispanic market)

A budget of $500K is very easy to spend once it's spread out over 5-6 local news channels in the #5 DMA in the country, during/around primetime watch hours. 

Edited by C Rod
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, NM Green said:

Go after the young families moving into Denton. Make it the Mean Green Village Fairgrounds for 7 Saturdays a year with different themes. October fest, funnel cake fan fest, food drive game in November, summer sizzling barbecue bonanza for a September game.
Do some fun things the community would come out to and get them into the stadium. Jared is doing some creative things this season. Like Oktoberfest and tickets and tee promotion. Sellout game push and more to come for November. Keep creating interesting unique and different because UNT definitely is creative unique and interesting. 

GMG

I keep saying the same thing about Frisco (and the surrounding area). 
We are the closest FBS team to that huge influx of people.
Make them feel like they are a part of the MG family.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, NT80 said:

That's fine for the under 50 age crowd, but for over 50 (which is the older alums, potential larger donors, and longer-time overall NT supporters) you will not make contact with them.  

I would guess the crowd in DATCU stadium is 40% over age 50, 40% under age 25, and 20% in between.

32468818_09022023-FB-Cal-Name-CreativeMI

Maybe we should put ticket offers on fast food wrappers. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/4/2024 at 2:06 PM, Coffee and TV said:

Yeah that's what I asked in my earlier post. People don't like junk mail but they still have to sort through the mail to see what is junk. A little postcard with our logo on the front and a schedule on the back can't be too expensive? Or can we do giveaways at the gates so people from the SFA and Wyoming games have a schedule magnet or koozie for a quick reminder/reference? The times of games change a lot or might say TBD, but the dates rarely do. 

This but make it a magnet with the schedule on the front. Who doesn't need more magnets on the fridge to hold their kid's latest artwork?

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

So Milestone Electric is spending 500k on DFW marketing each month?  That is hard to believe.

I would love if this AD could send emails, yet along a postcard.

Milestone Electric had $80 million in revenue in 2020 and $150 million in 2022. This per The Successful Contractor podcast which the owner was on in 2020 and 2022.

To the original topic, winning cures all for sure. Something I wonder is if recent college graduates are working more on the weekends than previous generations. Either way, we need consistent high-level winning. My kids know UNT. I'm sure everybody else here has raised their kids around UNT. How many alumni were raised as fans of traditional power programs and will raise their kids as such despite going to UNT themselves? Have a few 10+ win seasons and maybe lifelong fans will be made of our current students. One things for sure, you can't have 1 bowl win in 20 years and zero 10+ win seasons in your history and expect people to care. The program needs better results on a consistent basis.