PAC-12 and Memphis Discussions Ongoing

MCMLXXX

15 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

BRB. Gonna go “pledge” $1billion so North Texas can get in the SEC.  

The word "pledge " comes from me, as I doubt they raised that much in cash in a week. However UNT relies on pledges as well do as churches. I don't know what percent of NIL or athletic  pledges to UNT actually turn into cash but I suspect its a high number. { by the way ,what does BRB mean? }

12 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

The MWC should go ahead and offer Sac State, especially if Hawaii doesn't become a full member. At that point, they could at least boast about being an FBS conference on July 1, 2026 while the Pac-12 still can't.

I agree, but SAC State appears to prefer PAC 7 membership. I am guessing but I see no reason why Hawaii wouldn't move to all sports in the MWC since it has been reported that they would get travel expense help for their other sports which they don't get from the Big West. That would meet the required 8 all sports programs to be certified by the NCAA as a conference. However finding 5 occ games every year is almost impossible so they may be forced to dip into 1AA programs for one or two other schools. With the money they are getting from the PAC they would be able to help fund the $5 million needed to buy into 1A. 

18 hours ago, rws69 said:

UTEP, Colorado State, Utah State

UTEP is going to the MW not the PAC.

12 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

The MWC should go ahead and offer Sac State, especially if Hawaii doesn't become a full member. At that point, they could at least boast about being an FBS conference on July 1, 2026 while the Pac-12 still can't.

They don't need to rush to get anyone in, the MW will have until July 1, 2028 to get 1 more member in. If the PAC doesn't get 8 by their deadline I don't know what happens, do they disband or do they not have a season?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Otaku said:

UTEP is going to the MW not the PAC.

They don't need to rush to get anyone in, the MW will have until July 1, 2028 to get 1 more member in. If the PAC doesn't get 8 by their deadline I don't know what happens, do they disband or do they not have a season?

Oh wasn't aware of the later deadline for the MWC but that makes sense. As for the Pac-12, 2026 is the deadline but I could see them getting some sort of extension since the NCAA is spineless.

2 hours ago, wardly said:

I agree, but SAC State appears to prefer PAC 7 membership. I am guessing but I see no reason why Hawaii wouldn't move to all sports in the MWC since it has been reported that they would get travel expense help for their other sports which they don't get from the Big West. That would meet the required 8 all sports programs to be certified by the NCAA as a conference. However finding 5 occ games every year is almost impossible so they may be forced to dip into 1AA programs for one or two other schools. With the money they are getting from the PAC they would be able to help fund the $5 million needed to buy into 1A. 

I wonder if there is any interest among the 7 powerhouses between ND, NDSU, SD, SDSU, Idaho, MT, or MT State. They definitely would deserve the nod over any of the programs CUSA has wooed to keep their league afloat.