PAC-12 and Memphis Discussions Ongoing

MCMLXXX

32 minutes ago, wardly said:

Well they are breaking ground on a new 25,000 + stadium, have a reported $50 million in NIL pledges, in the 20th largest media market in USA, and have won the Big Sky championship the past few years. It sure beats either New Mexico State, the Montana and Dakota 1AA programs,and A&M at  Stephenville[ aka the other TSU ]

$50 million in pledges- pledge means money is not in the bank

Won the Big Sky Conference - whoopee!

20th largest media market in USA - how many will have their eyes fixed on Sac State?

ps-  just pulling your leg!

2 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

$50 million in pledges- pledge means money is not in the bank

Won the Big Sky Conference - whoopee!

20th largest media market in USA - how many will have their eyes fixed on Sac State?

I didn't know there was a Sac State until a week ago. 

If that is the best the PAC can do at the end of their shopping list, then they should just merge with the MWC.   

I do believe they will try Memphis and maybe Tulane again with more $$ before they resort to inviting an FCS moveup.

2 minutes ago, NT80 said:

I didn't know there was a Sac State until a week ago. 

If that is the best the PAC can do at the end of their shopping list, then they should just merge with the MWC.   

I do believe they will try Memphis and maybe Tulane again with more $$ before they resort to inviting an FCS moveup.

I agree, but ESPN reportedly told the PAC that as far as media value Memphis and Tulane didn't move the needle much past Utah State. Also they should have merged with the MWC but with all the  monetary contractual obligations and ill will that ship has probably sailed. All I knew about SAC State until a few weeks ago is that Stanford hired their football coach . It appears that if Hawaii upgrades to the MWC as a full member they would have 8 full sports members and could take a break and see what happens on a go forward basis. Other than the Hornets ,which both conferences seems reluctant to take, the pod casters think like you that the PAC will circle back to the AAC but target fewer teams and offer them more money.