Portland Watching Party?

BigWillie

4 hours ago, BigWillie said:

This might be a long shot, but we are going to Portland for family vacation during the FAU game. Anyone in here live there and want to meet up and watch the game or know of any watching parties?

Ahhh.  Bummer dude.  I’m going there for a work trip, but won’t get in until the following Monday.  Lots of brewpubs around to watch the game, but downtown is pretty grim nowadays especially after dark.

• Eye Roll 1

8 hours ago, MeanGreenTeeth said:

Ahhh.  Bummer dude.  I’m going there for a work trip, but won’t get in until the following Monday.  Lots of brewpubs around to watch the game, but downtown is pretty grim nowadays especially after dark.

Oh man, good to know. Thanks. I might just have to watch it at the AirBnB.

Downtown Portland is 10X’s worst than downtown Dallas…who ever said that hasn’t been there in a while. Meth and crack smoking right on the streets, in front of our hotel. Police do nothing, tents assembled on the sidewalk’s…not a good place to visit!!

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, UNT78 said:

who ever said that hasn’t been there in a while.

Well 2021, put about 15 miles on my feet walking the city and staying downtown, got engaged in the Rose Garden. Beautiful place. 

1 hour ago, UNT78 said:

Meth and crack smoking right on the streets, in front of our hotel. Police do nothing, tents assembled on the sidewalk’s

I got news for you about every major city in the u.s. 

4 minutes ago, Texas Stranger said:

Only if the river and mountains backdrop is the sole criteria.  Otherwise, it's South Seattle.

Funny, I was told all the same crap about Seattle and was just there last week, very incredible and lovely city. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 10/2/2024 at 3:24 PM, Coffee and TV said:

Which is funny, because it's still nicer than any downtown in Texas.  

In all seriousness, I know these things get wrapped up in politics, but it truly is pretty bad and sad to see what’s become of Portland. It’s bad… so many stores and restaurants have left, the office building vacancy rate is terrible and the homelessness and open drug use is a real problem.  Love Oregon. It’s an extremely beautiful area and no better place to be when the weather is nice.  I travel there for work often, but the city itself is in terrible shape.