Tarleton State to MWC?

Sounds like Texas State is number 8 for the PAC and the Texans are number 8 for the MWC. I don’t know if that is a good brand move for the MWC.  Need to keep UNLV and Air Force content. Even Sam Houston would be a stronger candidate. NMSU is too close to UTEP for  a second add. 

Gonzaga to the PAC make sense but now they are looking at Saint Mary’s and Grand Canyon which is an awesome riding bball program. Utah Valley State would be another good basketball consideration. That basketball league would be legit:

Gonzaga

Grand Canyon

SDSU

Saint Mary’s

Boise

Utah State

Colorado State

Utah Valley State

Texas State

GMG

I saw several west coast  pod casters mention Tarleton State as a MWC target but discounted it. However since UTEP accepted MWC invitation today it might make sense, especially if TSU and SHS declined. Unfortunately for NMSU they are too close to El Paso and I doubt UNM was much help in their cause.

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

An offer to Tarleton has to be a joke.  
NMSU, Sam Houston, or LaTech would be far better. 

La Tech has gone down hill and is a long ways away for all sports. NMSU is too close to El Paso, has no money and declining enrollment. SHS was probably a package deal with TSU which I can only assume is not moving to the WAC. The sleeper is SAC State,in the 29th largest media market, building a new 25,000 + new stadium, and announced today they have $50 million [yes, I said million] dollars pledged to their NIL.

12 minutes ago, wardly said:

La Tech has gone down hill and is a long ways away for all sports. NMSU is too close to El Paso, has no money and declining enrollment. SHS was probably a package deal with TSU which I can only assume is not moving to the WAC. The sleeper is SAC State,in the 29th largest media market, building a new 25,000 + new stadium, and announced today they have $50 million [yes, I said million] dollars pledged to their NIL.

Tulsa (AAC) had to go to overtime to beat LaTech.

If you’re the MWC, you want established, quality members for your next media contract coming up shortly.  
If you have no FBS options left and need to promote an FCS, I would call NDSU.  Nationally known product and great fan base. 

Plus it’s now a $5mil NCAA cost to move up to FBS. 
The MWC should just take NMSU and be done with it.  

Edited by NT80

2 hours ago, NT80 said:

Tulsa (AAC) had to go to overtime to beat LaTech.

If you’re the MWC, you want established, quality members for your next media contract coming up shortly.  
If you have no FBS options left and need to promote an FCS, I would call NDSU.  Nationally known product and great fan base. 

Plus it’s now a $5mil NCAA cost to move up to FBS. 
The MWC should just take NMSU and be done with it.  

Word is that TSU said no to the MWC. Also none of the Montana and Dakota schools can afford to move up. The cost is $5 million plus 80 scholarships , NIL, and media market about the same as Wyoming. I would think Sac State would be the 1AA play . New Mexico State appears to be the last resort. Interesting times, but the MWC seems to be a step ahead of the PAC 7 although getting the ZAGGS is a great move for their basketball image.