How explosive is this offense?

emmitt01

If you tuned in to the Tulsa game with just over 12:00 left in the 2nd quarter, you would have seen North Texas down 0-3

If you turned it off and came back with 1:40 left in the 2nd quarter, you would have seen a 10-3 North Texas lead.

If you checked the halftime score, you would have seen 24-3. 

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

If you tuned in to the Tulsa game with just over 12:00 left in the 2bd quarter, you would have seen North Texas down 0-3

If you turned it off and came back with 1:40 left in the 2nd quarter, you would have seen a 10-3 North Texas lead.

If you checked the halftime score, you would have seen 24-3. 

image.png.c0e39079e979fd9bb77011de50654f22.png

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, blg green eagle man said:

What upset me with Morris throwing 5 td Passes to 5 different receivers and the yardage he had and he didn't get a helmet sticker from ESPN yet they gave one to a Q B who had 100 yards less to fewer receivers just how's you how biased they are. We should all call ESPN about it.

I'm going to send a letter to the UIL

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, greenminer said:

45 points in two quarters.

Not even 2Q.  I watched a bit of the replay and noticed we were still goose-egged on the scoreboard with 5 minutes left in the half before that first big TD that broke the ice.

We scored 45 points in appx 18.5 minutes.

16 hours ago, greenminer said:

Not even 2Q.  I watched a bit of the replay and noticed we were still goose-egged on the scoreboard with 5 minutes left in the half before that first big TD that broke the ice.

We scored 45 points in appx 18.5 minutes.

I feel the explosive offense is directly related to OL protection and Morris' quick release and accuracy.  If he is given time or rolls out to a clear view of the field he can usually hit a receiver in stride.

I remember watching warmups at our first game at Apogee vs Houston in 2011.  UH QB Case Keenum was throwing darts in warmups similar to how Morris throws.  Keenum went 26/41 for 458 yds and 5 tds.  Sounds similar to Morris this past game.  Keenum has now been in the NFL 12 years.

Edited by NT80

15 hours ago, NT80 said:

I fell the explosive offense is directly related to OL protection and Morris' quick release and accuracy.  If he is given time or rolls out to a clear view of the field he can usually hit a receiver in stride.

I remember watching warmups at our first game at Apogee vs Houston in 2011.  UH QB Case Keenum was throwing darts in warmups similar to how Morris throws.  Keenum went 26/41 for 458 yds and 5 tds.  Sounds similar to Morris this past game.  Keenum has now been in the NFL 12 years.

It's funny, I was talking to someone about how I could see Morris getting drafted. He just has the accuracy,  arm strength, and quick decision making that some team in the NFL could use. Since the Cowboys suck, I would love to root for a Mean Green QB for another team. As long as it's not in our division. 

• Upvote 1

I was just thinking about Chandler Morris and a possible NFL career.  If this is a desire on his part and he continues to have a good year and not get injured, I can see him declaring for the draft at the end of the year.  Why risk having an injury or a lesser statistical year, whether at UNT or elsewhere due to NIL?  I don't know how the scouts view his potential in the NFL, however, and I guess that is the biggest question.