Should our AD & President make a statement?

The athletic director from Tulane has now came out and confirmed that Tulane, Memphis, South Florida, and UTSA did have conversations amongst themselves about the potential to move to the PAC. Outside of the "we're all committed to the AAC"  it is clear now that, as we always hate to hear, we have been left behind and are not considered in the upper tier of desirable schools in the conference despite supposedly representing the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex market. Should the powers that be publicly addressed this issue to the supporters of North Texas Athletics?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 8

I don’t know what statement to make.  “Tulane, Memphis, UTSA, and South Florida discussed the feasibility of a move to the PAC.  We were not asked to be involved in any of those conversations.  We remain committed to the AAC.”

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I'm with NT93.  What can they say that helps elevate the school?

"We weren't asked  to join the PAC, but if they did ask we totally would have said 'NO!  Keep your 100-year history and name recognition far from us!'"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NT93 said:

I don’t know what statement to make.  “Tulane, Memphis and South Florida had legitimate offers from the PAC…and UTSA’s name got thrown around with them.  We were not asked to be involved in any of those conversations.  We remain committed to the AAC.”

FIFY

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

How about good old fashioned bulletin board material. And when we start beating them and the game is in hand start chanting AAC. They can thank us later for keeping them from making a brutal mistake. 

Now I would be on the horn with San Antonio. Schedule a margarita zoom or invite their AD to La Gloria in the Pearl District for a little catch-up. Jared should look their AD in the eye and say, you know we play better together. Force the North Texas South Texas angle in the future. An athletic handshake if you will. If San Antonio doesn’t agree, stop at a bbq joint in San Marcos. You know the drill. 

Those 4 could have looked at this at a more macro level to power a strong deal. But that would be too much bipartisanship in this day and age. Plus maybe they just didn’t want to be like the PAC and attempt to destroy a conference on the way out. Or they realized it was ultimately fools gold out there. 

Just beat them this year and make the others realize there is hot potential in North Texas. 

GMG

33 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

For what’s its worth I was told that we were one of if not THE first contact by the PAC due to our eastern most location. We told them thanks, but no thanks, and they moved west.  

If true and that's as much thought that went into it, then whoever said that on behalf of the university should be fired.  You should always at least listen to the offer.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

Jerrod told us at the tailgate last weekend that we told the conference up front that we had no interest in it.  Jerrod said he had queries dozens of AD's across the country and they all said it would be a terrible deal both financially and for the student athletes.  UTSA is so god damned horny for $$ that they raised their skirt up high when the Pac 12 came calling.  They never received an invite only moderate interest which they reciprocated AGAINST the wishes of Pernetti by the way.

Now you could make the argument that we should have been more open to what they had to offer but it was a business decision to be loyal to the conference and the new commissioner at this time.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Jerrod told us at the tailgate last weekend that we told the conference up front that we had no interest in it.  Jerrod said he had queries dozens of AD's across the country and they all said it would be a terrible deal both financially and for the student athletes. 

If true, I feel better about the direction of our program and our leadership. I still think you should always listen to an offer before saying no but I can respect this position.

1 hour ago, keith said:

If true and that's as much thought that went into it, then whoever said that on behalf of the university should be fired.  You should always at least listen to the offer.  

I personally LOVE seeing people fired without knowing all the details.  More of this please.