Purdue fires Graham Harrell

His fall from grace is odd imo. I credit him with our offensive success in the early Littrell era. I think he got a raw deal at WV. Neal Brown is still HC and I think he threw Harrell under the bus. Brown is 29-29 as HC at WV.

Looking at the scores for 2023 and 2024, it doesn't look bad on offense for most games (not including Ohio State or other power houses). Score doesn't always show offensive prowess but they gave up 38 points to Oregon State this year. I think this is another thrown under the bus situation.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Harrell thought that might be the case with SL and moved on.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, aztecskin said:

It would be cool to get him back in Denton, but I don't know that he is going to add much beside being another experienced set of eyes. I think Morris is from a slightly different strain of Air Raid but I mean if we can make it happen I say let's do it. 

I’m assuming he’s still getting paid by his now previous employer. Nothing wrong having another name Texans are aware of. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, MeanGreenGlory said:

Not saying as OC. Agree we’re doing well there. Just as support in a system he’s familiar with. He’d bring value even if as an analyst. 

I’d be all for that.  I was making the assumption that he wouldn’t come here for any position less than OC.  Maybe a bad assumption.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NT93 said:

I’d be all for that.  I was making the assumption that he would come her for any position less than OC.  Maybe a bad assumption.

I’ve heard Brophy is a highly regarded young QB coach. Maybe EM would give him the OC position before Graham.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

I’m certain we’re going to have some of our offensive coaches poached this off season. Wouldn’t hurt to have GH here to team with Morris when the inevitable happens.  

Cross that road when we get there. We're 5 games into the season. Table that convo.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Interesting that Harrell and Littrell coached offenses are both sucking this season. Must not be adapting very well to something that has changed recently in how their offense is defended. 

Maybe, but just going on score alone, not sure offense is the problem with the team.

maybe.png