Morris Goat

Wag Tag

40 minutes ago, meangreenfaninno said:

I think Mason Fune, DT and Chandler Rogers would like a word with you.  

DT was decent, but I wouldn’t put him in the same category as the other 2. 

Edited by mgfan
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

This is the best qb that I have seen at UNT in the last 30 years.  If he stays healthy and stays for the 2 years, all records will be broken.

Yep. He had a bad arm and threw for 439 and 5 scores. I saw it the first game. His upside is so high. Upgrade over last year's Chandler 4 and he was a good QB 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, aztecskin said:

Yep. He had a bad arm and threw for 439 and 5 scores. I saw it the first game. His upside is so high. Upgrade over last year's Chandler 4 and he was a good QB 

Just watching the games so far, Chandler Morris is the most talented QB I have ever seen at UNT. His release, accuracy and mobility put him ahead of all others.

The only question left is how he will perform in big games and can he stay healthy. That is something that has been lacking here for many years (big game performance, not health).

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, aztecskin said:

I'll take heat from this but I mentioned it in previous threads about Chandler Rogers so whatever. That guy performed great when games were out of reach. His greatest performances were comeback attempts that fell short. Electric? Yes. Could he consistently lead and sustain scoring drives early against good teams? No. He put us in huge holes with those first half performances. I can't say the same about Morris so far, minus the Tech game. 

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 4

Chandler is tied for 2nd in school history in career 400-yard passing games with 2, in just his first 5 starts.

Also, since that last pick against Tech where the ball hit off our receiver and got batted up 15 feet in the air, Morris has thrown 88 passes with 8 touchdowns against 0 interceptions.

The outside receiver play has been pretty unreliable with Ward and Aaron out/limited during that time. Really excited to see us get some guys healthy and back to full speed over this bye week.

• Upvote 7

30 minutes ago, Big Z said:

Morris > Fine 

Mason Fine in THIS offense with HIS receivers would have resulted in a trip to NYC for the Heisman presentation. Not saying he would win, but that would have been a phenomenon.

Now, what Morris is working with at receiver is not anywhere near what we were running out there with Fine: multiple guys who have had pretty decent runs in the NFL.

Edited by MeanGreenZen
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

And the bidding for Chandler Morris next season probably starts at $2M.
Remember he actually beat out a guy who ended up being the Heisman runner-up a few years ago. 
My prediction is CM lands a deal for $3M+ at Auburn, which still has fond memories of his Dad and desperately needs a quarterback. 
But he may be the hottest free agent on the market next season. Which means our next guy should be pretty good too.

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

And the bidding for Chandler Morris next season probably starts at $2M.
Remember he actually beat out a guy who ended up being the Heisman runner-up a few years ago. 
My prediction is CM lands a deal for $3M+ at Auburn, which still has fond memories of his Dad and desperately needs a quarterback. 
But he may be the hottest free agent on the market next season. Which means our next guy should be pretty good too.

That kind Ewers money is big considering  Morris’s his past injuries. Would be a big gamble.

8 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

FYI, Look out UNT, NIL will be a PITA, nab your QB, leaving you SOL with no ETA on a replacement. 

Oh no! We have to endure quarterback play that produces school records and leave the replacing of that QB up to the coach who has developed 2 of the top 5 passers in the FBS right now! 

• Upvote 1