Fine, Rogers, Morris

mgfan

3 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

1) Fine

2) Morris, but if he stays healthy for two years?  He’s 1a. 

If Morris leads this team to a good bowl win or two bowl wins he can stand alone at 1 to me imo. I know Fine holds all the stat records and was fun to watch, but no bowl wins with his team and we last won a bowl game in 2013. It’s not an insurmountable goal for Morris to be our best QB all time

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

Just now, Coltonw83 said:

If Morris leads this team to a good bowl win or two bowl wins he can stand alone at 1 to me imo

I must have edited mine as you were responding. 100% agree. An AAC championship also gives an opportunity to go the playoff.  We’re a long way from there, but it’s a fun conversation to have. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

I must have edited mine as you were responding. 100% agree. An AAC championship also gives an opportunity to go the playoff.  We’re a long way from there, but it’s a fun conversation to have. 

I’m very glad we landed morris. I think Rogers could have been great too if he had stayed. Even better than fine. 

• Upvote 2

Part of what made Mason so great was that he was the ultimate underdog story.  Add to that the leadership he showed and the fact that he was such a great ambassador for the university.  He was just impossible not to root for.

But yeah, Morris is off to a great start.  I have to imagine he is the most highly ranked QB we’ve ever had based on his 4-star ranking out of high school.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

If Morris stays healthy he could be the most sought after QB in the country this offseason.  Maybe the competition level curbs some of that?  Until the rules change, getting one year of him is what to expect of someone playing at this high a level.  Then it comes down to Eric Morris.  He’s got to be getting noticed as one heckuva QB whisperer.  QBs are gonna flock here to play for him, as a result.

As to the original question, Morris is in his 5th season of college football and his best strengths, IMO, are his grasp of the offense and quick, accurate release.  He’s a smart player and has the talent to match his rating coming out of high school.  I would have loved to have seen Fine in a  5th year and not wasted in a bad offensive scheme change his final season. I’ve been around since the mid 90s, just missing Maher.  Fine and Morris are the best that I’ve seen.  Gotta let the season finish before I’d pick a winner.