***OFFICIAL TULSA vs UNT IN-GAME DISCUSSION***

1 hour ago, DentonLurker said:

The more I think about these last two games, you have to give Morris/Caponi some credit. This is a different defense. Still lots of room to grow. They would tell you that, but this year would be an exact copy of last year if they hadn’t made the change. Also, Morris is a hell of an offensive coach!

Since switching defenses, it’s as if we’re competing through all four quarters. Last year, we had really good performances only in the second half of games. 
I was impressed by how many times the Tulsa QB was so uncomfortable. Many times we forced him out of the pocket and had to throw while on the run. He just couldn’t really settle in. You can see the players really respond to this style of defense. I’m loving it right now. 

• Upvote 3

Good win, happy for the team. Would not expected this outcome after that terrible start. 

As the great @MeanGreenWithEnvy said “This is the most un 4-1 team I could imagine for this season. They’re mercurial.”

Perfectly sums up how I think about this team. My best guess is that we will beat the weaker teams on the schedule but we make too many mistakes to beat the better teams in the conference. Could easily end up 8-4 and then end up losing a bowl game to a strong opponent. 

(wait a sec…that sounds really familiar…)

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Perfectly sums up how I think about this team. My best guess is that we will beat the weaker teams on the schedule but we make too many mistakes to beat the better teams in the conference. Could easily end up 8-4 and then end up losing a bowl game to a strong opponent. 

(wait a sec…that sounds really familiar…)

In each season of 2019, 2020, and 2022, we lost 4 games by 20+.  In 2021 we lost 3 by 20+.  I’m going to go ahead prediction that there is nothing that happens the rest of season that is looks familiar to that.  

This is just my opinion. Since moving to the 3-4, our defense has done good work. They kept us in the game until the offense woke up. I loved how fired up Caponi got on that one pass interference that was later reversed. That's what I want to see from our DC. People kept saying how we just needed an average defense and we would be okay. We now seem to have that and now we start saying, but we gave up X amount of yards or the opponent is inferior. Can we stop moving the goal post? This defense effectively allowed only 3 points to a decent offensive team. Those other 17 were in garbage time after we pulled starters. The scoreboard is the only stat that matters. Now to attendance. It was disappointing, but what was more disappointing was how people poured out of the stadium in the third quarter. They left like we were the ones losing. Can our fans just stay until the last whistle? Those guys are playing their asses off to give us a good win and people leave like they did and crap all over their efforts. Then we cry when guys don't want to come back because of lack of fan support. That's my two cents.

Edited by Venson
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2

11 hours ago, untlynchka1 said:

If we beat FAU and Memphis I would be really disappointed with anything less than 28k for Tulane.  6-1 vs a team that has been one of the best in our conference over the last 2 years.  Plus…it’s homecoming.  

Plus…we’d be bowl eligible just 7 games into the season. That’s the type of winning that puts cheeks in seats. 

I believe. GMG

• Upvote 1