***OFFICIAL TULSA vs UNT IN-GAME DISCUSSION***

2 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

I’ve seen so many games where UNT hasn’t put away even the bad teams that I’m super encouraged by what this team has done tonight. The stats don’t matter. They start over every game and as long as we win the points stat, I don’t care if we lose every other stat category. This team has taken care of business tonight. That’s bad*ss!

When was the last game we won in a dominant fashion? It was over in the 3rd quarter

• Upvote 3

The ESPN announcer stated "4-1 matches the best record since 1991" but that's factually incorrect.  In 2018 UNT went 4-0 (including beating an SEC team) and lost at home to go 4-1.  

(And boy did that last missed field goal hurt.  I was there; that stadium went from rockin' to dead)

Edited by TripleGrad
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

The more I think about these last two games, you have to give Morris/Caponi some credit. This is a different defense. Still lots of room to grow. They would tell you that, but this year would be an exact copy of last year if they hadn’t made the change. Also, Morris is a hell of an offensive coach!

• Upvote 5

29 minutes ago, SUMG said:

18,529    attendance 

Poor, but not unexpected. The Tech loss hurt. Tulsa isn't going to bring a ton or draw a ton of interest to the casual DFW UNT fan. If we beat FAU and Memphis, I think we'll see a 23k+ crowd for Tulane (maybe more if it's a "bowl eligible" marketing ploy to fill stands). Unless we really S the bed against Tulane, we'll see a good crowd for Army (at minimum 20k). Unless we're having a killer season at that point, we'll see another sub-par attendance for ECU. Realistically, I think we end up averaging 22k-23k, which would be a good improvement from last year. I'd be happier with 24k-25k. 

9 minutes ago, GreenGuy123 said:

Poor, but not unexpected. The Tech loss hurt. Tulsa isn't going to bring a ton or draw a ton of interest to the casual DFW UNT fan. If we beat FAU and Memphis, I think we'll see a 23k+ crowd for Tulane (maybe more if it's a "bowl eligible" marketing ploy to fill stands). Unless we really S the bed against Tulane, we'll see a good crowd for Army (at minimum 20k). Unless we're having a killer season at that point, we'll see another sub-par attendance for ECU. Realistically, I think we end up averaging 22k-23k, which would be a good improvement from last year. I'd be happier with 24k-25k. 

If we beat FAU and Memphis I would be really disappointed with anything less than 28k for Tulane.  6-1 vs a team that has been one of the best in our conference over the last 2 years.  Plus…it’s homecoming.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, untlynchka1 said:

If we beat FAU and Memphis I would be really disappointed with anything less than 28k for Tulane.  6-1 vs a team that has been one of the best in our conference over the last 2 years.  Plus…it’s homecoming.  

I probably set the bar low. I don't know what it's like for UNT to go 6-1. I do know what it's like for UNT to have poor attendance. 

• Haha 1

If we win they will come. Well if we win certain games they will come. Well we can't have a bad loss and still win games or they won't come. I hate to say it but we have way too many conditions to get people to show up. Having under 20,000 people for a game with great weather is an embarrassment and the school should be ashamed of itself. I'm not sure if they will ever change the way they do stuff but whatever we're doing with the fan base is not working. 

PS we need to stop trying to play up the we have so many alums in the DFW area when talking about why we should be looked at by other conferences.