Uniforms vs Tulsa

C Rod

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

I guess we are back to uniform roulette...spin the wheel to see what combo we wear each week. 

Go for it as long s they work with our colors an our current logos. That's fine, get creative. What needs to be avoided are concocted or obsolete logos and weird alternate colors. We need to stop competing with ULM for strangest irrelevant costumes.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

You have to USE trademarks to continue claiming exclusive rights. The plan is to expand the portfolio until no other team can use words or markings on uniforms. Then we and Penn State will fight annually for the championship! I'm looking forward to an eagle that sort of looks like a longhorn.

• Skeptical Eagle 1

2 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

This is what I see, too. Recruits and pages with a large number of followers interact with our “laundry” tweets. 

This weeks unis are currently being voted as best blackout uniforms. Last weeks uniforms were named best uniforms in college football.  It matters to the kids. 

Last week’s unis were my favorite since we debuted the icy white.  Put the son of worm of the helmet and it’d be uniform nirvana for me.

I don’t care much for the all black or gray unis.  They look cool in these photo op spreads for social media, but bland in person and on tv in game.  Obviously, the point is to look cool on social media, so I guess I can live with it for one week.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

Last week’s unis were my favorite since we debuted the icy white.  Put the son of worm of the helmet and it’d be uniform nirvana for me.

I don’t care much for the all black or gray unis.  They look cool in these photo op spreads for social media, but bland in person and on tv in game.  Obviously, the point is to look cool on social media, so I guess I can live with it for one week.

A million up arrows for this post.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

Black uniforms look amazing and get plenty of buzz. The greys are just awful, plus pretty sure they are cursed. 👻 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

16 hours ago, greenjoe said:

What is that (see above) ?  Isn’t Monroe the warhawks ?  That looks like the SHARK HAWKS.

So right on brand?

Screenshot_20240928_084530_Chrome.jpg

The Warhawk was a semi-finalist of an online poll available to students, faculty and alumni. The poll was narrowed down to three. The final decision was left to the president, James E. Cofer Sr., who chose Warhawks.

He chose Warhawks over Bayou Gators and Bayou Hawks. In August 2006, ULM debuted its new mascot, Ace.

Nick Munn, a sophomore history major from Bossier City, is intrigued by where the idea for the ULM mascot came from

“There was a squadron of fighter pilots in World War II named the Warhawks,” Munn said.

The Warhawk was chosen to honor Major General Claire Lee Chennault, a war hero who lived in Franklin Parish as a child.

He commanded a group called the American Volunteer group (AVG) during World War II.

The men called themselves the “Flying Tigers” but flew in planes called Curtiss P-40 Warhawks.

During the war, the men were credited with 299 enemy aircraft destroyed, including 229 in the air during the war.

Chennault Aviation and Military Museum, located near the Monroe Airport, features historical exhibits about Chennault and the men who flew with him. Admission into the museum is free, and it is open five days a week.

https://ulmhawkeyeonline.com/1458/feature-stories/warhawk-is-more-than-mascot-part-of-history/

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

9 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

This is what I see, too. Recruits and pages with a large number of followers interact with our “laundry” tweets. 

This weeks unis are currently being voted as best blackout uniforms. Last weeks uniforms were named best uniforms in college football.  It matters to the kids. 

Kids don’t donate or spend💰 on the program. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, NT80 said:

I don’t know.  I went back and watched part of the replay of the Tulsa-La Tech game on ESPN+….
…just to see their uniforms, lol.  No, but it was a good way to see Tulsa’s offense and defense.  Not impressed. 

We *should* win by 2+ scores. Chandler is going to abuse their secondary. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, NT80 said:

Agree with building our Brand instead of our closets.   Uni changes are fun for the athletes, but I think it confuses viewers new to us.   We are not Oregon just yet to be able to pull this off...every week something different.

Given this, we should have worn script helmets with South Oklahoma in the TT game.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:
27 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

My final uni thoughts forever (probably not):

You get one throwback, one “fun” option, then the rest of the year you run with your defaults. And always run default when on national TV. 

I can get on board with this. 

*2004 Script, Flying Worm, or other throwback alternate yearly 

*All Black once a year…maybe twice  

*Our Beautiful green/white combos the rest of the year

• Upvote 2

On 9/26/2024 at 3:06 PM, C Rod said:

Why NT along with most teams have to have a black uniform?   Apparently, it is a player favorite; but why does a school named the Mean Green desert it's heritage to play in black?  Do recruits demand to play in black?  

Stick to green and white  and drop the black and even worse gray uniforms.  Second, don't change the shade of Green everytime a new head football coach or AD is hired.  

1 hour ago, MeanGreen22 said:

My final uni thoughts forever (probably not):

You get one throwback, one “fun” option, then the rest of the year you run with your defaults. And always run default when on national TV. 

I agree.  I think of a "blackout" as a one-time, special occasion (though it seems to me it should be around Halloween), and I'm all for it.   The throwback is fun once a year as well.  

The rest of the year, give me all green or all white.  Those are our two best looks.  Honestly, I didn't realize how much I like the all green until last Saturday.  AND, it really is a statement look for a team called the Mean Green.

Today I'm going to enjoy the blackout uniform and hopefully the victory over Tulsa.  If we wear black again, I'll bitch like I usually do:)

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

This may be 2024 but I would say like in 1984 please show me where one player has said they attended a school or transferred out of the school due to either the uniforms they wear or not changing them up enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1