Today's answer when you don't want to honor agreements - Sue them! (PAC sues MWC)

Wow... so the MWC threw the PAC-2 a bone with a scheduling agreement that included a penalty of $10M per school if the PAC tried to poach schools from the MWC.

The PAC-2 agreed to terms, then a year later decides to poach MWC schools. However when it comes time to pay up, the PAC has the audacity to sue the MWC to get out from paying the $10M per school.

What a dick move by the new PAC. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, C Rod said:

What a dick move by the new PAC. 

I had my doubts about the wisdom of NT joining the PAC, but thought we should listen to their pitch. After this stunt, I'll cut all future donations to the school if they affiliate with those disgusting bastards! 

• Upvote 1

The whole intent of this lawsuit is the PAC's attempt to try and reduce exit and poaching fees paid.  They will threaten to drag this out and cost the MWC huge legal fees.  Yes the PAC signed a contract and now they don't want to honor that contract.   

Eventually they will both come to a settlement agreement, probably somewhat reduced fees to get it resolved.   This is great drama.  Which conference will get UNLV/AF or how they fill out their membership from other conferences?  Both will either merge or now exist going forward with bad blood between them.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NT80 said:

The whole intent of this lawsuit is the PAC's attempt to try and reduce exit and poaching fees paid.  They will threaten to drag this out and cost the MWC huge legal fees.  Yes the PAC signed a contract and now they don't want to honor that contract.   

Eventually they will both come to a settlement agreement, probably somewhat reduced fees to get it resolved.   This is great drama.  Which conference will get UNLV/AF or how they fill out their membership from other conferences?  Both will either merge or now exist going forward with bad blood between them.

Agree it's going to be wild. Part of me wishes the MW would lock in their 6 or 7 team and then lock in UTEP and NMSU. Once they have 8 locked in, tell the PAC you know we're good at delaying this, and by the way, we counter-using you to keep you from forming until you pay. Know it won't happen, but it would be fun.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

It's all the same topic. Whichever way the narrative goes it's still about the same thing.

Great point. If you find a judge who basically says sports contracts are not enforceable (I know way oversimplified), then I'm sure a few teams in the ACC would be happy.

• Upvote 1