A lot still happening, but Commissioner Pernetti is not backing down

For his first significant "let's all panic moment," it seems he is up to the challenge. There is a lot that will/could happen in the next few days, but for now, he is protecting the conference well. I hope he shares his plan to make sure the AAC remains the top non-power conference.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

For his first significant "let's all panic moment," it seems he is up to the challenge. There is a lot that will/could happen in the next few days, but for now, he is protecting the conference well. I hope he shares his plan to make sure the AAC remains the top non-power conference.

Feel good about him.  Also interesting that he is talking about involving private equity into the equation to offset some of the funding deficiencies as compared to the P2. 

• Upvote 1

I have a feeling or at least I hope he is already been talking to ESPN or others and is going to come out with a very aggressive plan. That being said I'm hoping our president and athletic director are taking this as a "challenge extended"  moment to get ourselves in better position.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

What leads you to this conclusion?  What did he do exactly?  My understand is the 3 (or is it 4) would have left if the offer from the PAC was better.  It seems it was really the PAC's failure that has kept the conference whole (for the moment).  

It seems he is working on revenue plans that can make it possible for teams that perform well to be compensated. This could have also been a factor in their decisions. As I mentioned, there is still a long way to go, but he does not seem to be sitting back and waiting to see what happens before he reacts. 

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

It seems he is working on revenue plans that can make it possible for teams that perform well to be compensated. This could have also been a factor in their decisions. As I mentioned, there is still a long way to go, but he does not seem to be sitting back and waiting to see what happens before he reacts. 

I also feel he had recent conversations with schools perhaps to express what he sees in the future for us far as more revenue avenues.   Private equity, advertising on fields, etc.  We may soon become part of the "American Airlines Conference", lol.

• Upvote 1