Can the AAC dump Temple?

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Does anybody know if the conference mandates a minimum standard for athletics spending? That would be the only circumstance under which I'd support dumping anybody, including us.

Great question. I would like to see the conference have a minimum that goes up yearly.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Aquila_Viridis said:

Temple, and Charlotte as mentioned above, are some of the last teams this conference should be looking to release. I can only imagine what it takes to get a team to Greenville NC for example.

I agree partially with this statement. The AAC is defined by schools is medium to large metro areas. 

Does ECU, Tulsa, and Wichita St. reach this criteria?
No

Are they schools that have the financial resources to compete?
Yes

They are solid members that bring some fun into what I’ve seen called the Commuter School Conference. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

This is what Charlotte has representing its football program.

FhogAqYWQAIa24U.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Did you happen to see him when he had the cap ON TOP OF the headphones.  Just a ridiculous look for anyone, but especially a head coach.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, GoGreenBeans said:

I think we need to start winning some more before we start trying to get other teams tossed from the conference. We aren’t exactly in the safest of positions ourselves lol

Was going the say the same thing.  There are probably many who think we should be dropped.  We need to take care of our own business...winning, attendance, financial support, etc., before we start talking about removing other schools.  We still have a long way to go...GMG!

• Upvote 1